• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Don't buy from Xoxide

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've had good luck with them myself. Luckly I didn't order anything out of stock or need to return anything, sheesh. Bunch of assholes.
 
Wait a second, so he orderd it, showed in stock, later got email saying it wasn't, then he supposedly emailed them to cancel, they didn't, they got them in stock, shipped the item, and charged his card?

I see what problem there?
 
Not sure this is the correct forum for this, but then again I have no idea where it would go :D

I have never bought anything from them, but I remember when their xoxide hour was new I saw a few things happen that I didn't like. Which I guess is why I never bought from them :p

IIRC they were shipping things broken/missing parts, poor packaging, and I seem to remember they had someone posting their xhour deals in the hotdeals forum...
Their prices seemed ok IIRC, though there was something quirky with their shipping charges, so I never sent them any of my business.

The Egg rules :D
 
ive ordered tons of stuff from there with no problem. i dont know whats happening to those guys.
 
I'm always wary about one disgruntled customer's bad feedback against a fairly successful small business. Who's to say they're not lying?
 
i won a koolance case from them..

took a while to get here.. and the radiator's fins were all dinged up.. *yet the package looked alright, go figure*
 
The poster is a senior Anandtech member and that email from Xoxide was not very pleasant.

Again take it for what it's worth but I doubt he is lying. No matter what though, I don't think a reputable business should ever write an insulting email like that.
 
i won a koolance case from them..

took a while to get here.. and the radiator's fins were all dinged up.. *yet the package looked alright, go figure...

--------

They shipped you an old case? Did you ever follow up? The reason I am posting this is I was looking at their Koolance cases too and just scanning the sites for info on the company.
 
I ordered from them and will never again.

They got two items out of about a ten item purchase wrong.

I ordered headphones from japan two days after I placed their order and the headphones arrived first. The place that they ship from is located less than 3 hours away from me.

The were bitches to get a hold of, and were dismissive and not caring when I did actually communicate with them.

Teh "x-oxide" brand Red UV-Reactive wire loom and shrink rap IS NOT UV-REACTIVE.

I will never buy from them again. Too many things went wrong with my first order, it wasnt just a single thing.
 
um...even though the e-mail he recieved was massively rude, except for the way it was worded it was correct. You have to accept the terms as offered when you place the order. If you dont read the terms, too bad. You (essentially) signed saying you did. If you dont like the terms, then go somewhere else.

My real question is did their system show OOS when they charged the card. Its possible they had an item missing or not logged as removed from warehouse or something and the system said "yes, we have the item here, charge it". Then they found out otherwise and sent him the OOS e-mail. Then sent the item when they got a shipment.

And 99% of notification addresses are automated, would you really reply to a form letter like that?

I have ordered from xoxide before, it went smooth, and I had good service (sent an email asking if the HS/F included paste, said no but wout drop a little packet of no-name paste in the box, which they did). (at least I think this was xoxide, I checked a couple different places for the HSF and dont remember who I actually went with for sure)
 
um...even though the e-mail he recieved was massively rude, except for the way it was worded it was correct.

---------------------




The email says they don't have to respond to calls, emails or anything? Even after they charged the guy? If those are the terms they have, they should be shut down. But the guy said the emails didn't say it was automated and he did get a response from this Automated email eventually. So I think the automated line is a lie.
 
My real question is did their system show OOS when they charged the card. Its possible they had an item missing or not logged as removed from warehouse or something and the system said "yes, we have the item here, charge it". Then they found out otherwise and sent him the OOS e-mail. Then sent the item when they got a shipment.
-------------------



I almost ordered a Koolance case from them. The issue you raised above should not be the responsibility of the buyer. As far as the buy was concerned, Xoxide said they had the item and was shipping in 24 hours, now they charged his card and delayed shipping and they write him this email after he tried to cancel multiple times days before they shipped?


I am sorry but to me that is slime.
 
One thing I learned from ordering from xoxide is not to email them, they never respond. I ordered a dual cathode from them a couple of months ago from a Sunday X-Hour sale. Paided VIA paypal, took them 5 days to ship. I emailed them 2 days after I ordered and no respond, emailed them everyday after and then one day just got a "here's your tracking #" email.
 
very similar thing happened to me about a year ago.... and i wont order from them again...

2 badly damaged case... replacements were damaged as well.... return 2 or 3 times.... they never got it right...

ordered PSU for my uncle... and on their website at that time... it was in stock... a week later , i got the email saying that they are currently out of stock.... so i asked them to cancel the order... then CSR told me that they will have the PSU in stock in very next day... so, i trusted them again and ask them to send it out as UPS 2nd day or something and CSR told me that they would do that... a week later, nothing came so, i called them asked about my status... and they told me that they are OOS and they are not planning to backorder them... i was like WTF .... waited 2+ weeks.... for nothing.... so i asked them to cancel the order and they told me they did... a week later, PSU arrived.... WTF is that... i

i've dealt with them since october of 2001 thru july 2003, at the beginning, their stuff are good, CSRs are good.... i dont know what happened to them.... and i ordered approximately 30 to 35 orders with them... and my last 10 orders were just so disasterous... since then, i havent and WILL NOT deal with them again....

well thats my story.... (and YES i left them BAD NEGATIVE feedback @ resellerratings!)

ps. castcore i understand what you mean... my case package had no damage... but inside (well, that was whole different story.... broken window, dents, scratches, broken hinge.....)
 
ps. castcore i understand what you mean... my case package had no damage... but inside (well, that was whole different story.... broken window, dents, scratches, broken hinge.....)

-------


Actually that wasn't me but that that tells me is they are selling old stuff as new.
 
castcore said:
ps. castcore i understand what you mean... my case package had no damage... but inside (well, that was whole different story.... broken window, dents, scratches, broken hinge.....)

-------


Actually that wasn't me but that that tells me is they are selling old stuff as new.

oh... my bad... so who had this problem?
 
jkbear11 said:
oh... my bad... so who had this problem?

I remember reading a lot of stories like that from their xhour, no damage to the packaging but damaged goods inside, bits missing, and items just thrown inside a computer case to rattle round during shipping :eek: :)
 
Oh shit, thanks guys... I just ordered a bunch of stuff from Xoxide, thanks, thanks a lot for your reassurance. Ordered on the 17th and they STILL haven't posted a tracking number. I think they just haven't updated the database entry but now after reading this I'm feeling unassured.
 
Well, they shipped my item 3 days after order too once. Needless to say, I am not getting anything time critical from them. The whole issue of charging CC even before it is ready to be shipped is very ingenious don't you think?
For those who can vouch for them, think again. I've seen enough reports of disgruntled customers from them. Sometimes though, on time insensitive stuff, they do have good deal though.
 
I've ordered from xoxide before and was severely unimpressed. Needless to go into details, but things arrived broken and I was struck having to keep damaged goods.
"So Sorry, Mr. Outcompute, pay to return it all to us, then wait a few weeks until we get some new stuff for you. Don't call us, we'll call you."

I try to stay away from those retailer shops if I can.
Aside from Egg, Frozencpu and Mnpctech have had the best shipping, service and handling of customers accounts. I'm not inclined to order from other places.
Price is inflated a good 5-10% but I can at least count on frozencpu to ship things out the very next morning, if not the same day.
 
damn - they are going to get an email every time I order something online until they go under.

Something like "I just ordered this online from your competitor. Would have ordered from you, but.............."
 
they musthave changed owners or something... chris has always sent my stuff fast and correct. ive bought many things from his other business aswell, and i've never run into any of you guys' problems.
 
Thanks for the link an the tips... I was going to order from these guys, but not anymore. I'll order from Performance-Pcs or Frozencpu instead.

What a bunch of slimeballs.
 
Think about how many sales they lost over like 15 bucks. What a stupid company. I would never deal with a company like that
 
wow, that sucks, I would never order from them now. quite frankly I think its newegg only for me in the future.

Just this week zipzoomfly tried to scam me. I won't go into the details, but after calling numerous times because they couldn't seem to call the right number at visa to verify my address, I was told by 3 people and 2 emails that my processor shipped. I was even giving a tracking number. Then the day it was supposed to arrive, I call to ask my the tracking number never shows it having actually gottn to ups, and they tell me that its actually backordered now, even though it was in stock when i ordered, and for about 3 days after.

Stuff like that is inexcusable, and i will never buy from retailers that pull that kind of crap again.
 
It seems as though their customer service quality depends on day to die (ie how good of a day the reps are having). Or this "Dot" is just a decent rep...

Dot said:
Hi,


Your order is being processed and should ship today. You should receive an email with tracking information once it ships.

If you have any further questions, feel free to contact us via email or phone.


Thank you,

Dot

sales@xoxide.com
Customer Service Representative
Xoxide.com
 
Originally Posted by Dot
Hi,


Your order is hopefully being processed if we're in the right mood and should ship today if we're even feeling friendly! You should receive an email with tracking information once it ships, if it ever does - but if it doesn't we don't care! Don't call us, don't email us, we just want your money and then you're on your own!

If you have any further questions, feel free to contact someone who cares, as we don't.


Thank you,

Dot

sales@xoxide.com
Hater Service Representative
Xoxide.com


:eek:
 
L0s7 4 Lyf3 said:
It seems as though their customer service quality depends on day to die (ie how good of a day the reps are having). Or this "Dot" is just a decent rep...


Note all the use of the word "should" in that e-mail. How about a firm date? They're just leaving themselves open to dispute complaints, knowing full well that they'll get a ton of them.

I wouldn't do business with them; they seem less than respectable.

Someone should e-mail Xoxide and post a link to this thread. I'd love to see one of them come here and try to defend that ultra rude e-mail they sent.
 
i woulda thought this thread woulda been locked by now as it is off topic......

Oh well :)
 
bluehorizon said:
Note all the use of the word "should" in that e-mail. How about a firm date? They're just leaving themselves open to dispute complaints, knowing full well that they'll get a ton of them.

I wouldn't do business with them; they seem less than respectable.

Someone should e-mail Xoxide and post a link to this thread. I'd love to see one of them come here and try to defend that ultra rude e-mail they sent.
So who's up for it? I'd do it, if I didn't have an order there waiting to be packed and shipped.

I <3 Newegg ordered a new PSU the same day and hour as from Xoxide, guess what? My new PSU is already on a Fed Ex truck being delivered.
3 days ahead of schedule I might add :)

http://www.fedex.com/cgi-bin/tracking?action=track&language=english&cntry_code=us&initial=x&tracknumbers=687483264550
 
I'm definitely not going to order from them any more. There were a few things i planned on ordering from them, totalling well over $100, but now that i've read all this i'm not so sure anymore. I'll be buying from somewhere else.

Also, i read this in their resellerrating reviews:

theshadow27 said:
The Xoxide shopping experience is the quintessence of a model online retailer. Their orders are processed accurately with in hours, not days, and you can expect that your product will be shipped promptly. Their prices are fair and promotional events like the “X-Hour” help save us, as customers, lots of money. Every product is exactly as described, they don’t substitute not name brands or generic versions. And if somehow something does go wrong, the customer service is amazingly fast and helpful.

So if your in the market for awesome computer modding stuff, check out www.xoxide.com!

That CANNOT be a customer. Even the ratings they have that give them praise say that their shipping is slow. Not to mention that customers who leave reviews dont speak of "every product" like that. And if someone has never had a problem, and all their stuff is shipped perfectly and quickly as they claim it is, then how the hell do they know how the customer service is? I call fraudulent review!

edit: the review was posted on the 18th. here is theshadow27's profile:

Members title:
Name:
Location:
Occupation:
Birthday: 0000-00-00
Homepage:

Biography:
Reviews: 1
Posts: 0
Rating: Not rated
Last Seen:
Join Date: August 18th

its possible that it was just some innocent customer that made an account to write the review, but given the nature of the review, i'd think thats unlikely...
 
Email sent to Xoxide with linkages, hopefully they give some kind of response to defend the email, as horrid as it may be.
 
Note all the use of the word "should" in that e-mail. How about a firm date? They're just leaving themselves open to dispute complaints, knowing full well that they'll get a ton of them.

--------------





I think they are to busy pading their own numbers at resellerratings.
 
The email they wrote to that guy is indefensible. And entering own revieiws at resellersratings? That is even worse. I am going to msg that guy too see if they gave him his entire refund.
 
Xoxide responded, but some dumbass forgot to provide the links so they could see. ;)
 
Ok here is an update,

Via Anandtech pm function

------


Castcore: Hey Livan, this is Castcore, just reading about what happened to you man, really sucks! I almost bought a Koolance from them before I read your thread. Hey just wondering, did they finally give yout he full refund?


Livan: Castcore, as for the refund , nope. In fact I just got another email from the guy. Here is a copy of it. I am not sure if he will ever refund my money but I will attempt to try and let everyone know. I am just glad I wasn't buying something real expensive from them. Here is the email

---------------------


From: "Xoxide.com RMA" <rma@xoxide.com>
To: "'S.H.'" <cazic99@comcast.net>
Sent: Friday, August 20, 2004 9:44 AM
Subject: RE: Credit Notice from Xoxide.com


> If that is true then the thousands of Yahoo Merchant stores are breaking the
> law because they all charge people as soon as the order is placed.
>
> Feel free to keep posting my emails on forums; it is only going to make it
> harder for you to get your money back. Most of the users on Anandtech think
> that you are overreacting and that you need to admit that you made a
> mistake.
>
> Jason
> Xoxide.com
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top