Donezo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SunnyD

2[H]4U
My daughter's upcoming college animation classes mean that her 5-year old laptop would likely melt in to slag if she even looked at it funny let alone started doing 3D animation for it. She asked if a desktop would be better and more cost effective for the task at hand and asked me to find something that would work for her. So here's what we're looking for:

- AMD B450 (or B550) MICROATX motherboard
- Ryzen 2600 or 3600, one of the newer 1600AF's or a 3300X. May consider other quad-core chips if they're cheap enough.

- A decent mid-range video card that won't break the bank: GTX1660, GTX1060, GTX960/970, RX570, RX580 or something similar
- 512gb/1TB M.2 SSD
- 16gb DDR4 3200 or better memory

The key word that you should have stuck in your head is "college student". She's not flush with cash but will still need a machine that will handle her course load for the next 3 years. If you're planning on offering something, please keep that in mind because this is coming out of her wallet, not mine.

Heat/beer under SunnyD

Thanks!

Last edited:
Up we go. Thanks for the PMs pointing me to retail places with stock. Still looking.

Holding off on actual purchases this week - might be swinging by a Microcenter this weekend, but still soliciting offers just in case.

Acquired everything but a GPU. Looking for anything available that's priced right.

Will also consider an RTX2060/2070/2080 if it's ridiculously cheap (my upgrade is her hand-me-down).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back