Done: Eero secure / secure plus subscriptions 50% off

• Thread starter Deleted member 89018
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 89018

https://eero.com/eero-secure#eero-secure-plans

I set up some eeros for my mother in law and my parents (2 of the regular devices was enough to cover both houses) and have been pretty happy with them so far. The secure service provides whole network malware traffic detection and malicious url blocking, web filtering, parental controls and whole network ad blocking. Secure plus adds malwarebytes (handy if it identifies malicious traffic on one of your systems), encrytpme vpn service and 1password locker app.

if you’re a power user looking for something that gives you extreme detail on your network traffic this won’t give you that. You’re probably not looking at eero as an option anyways.

But for half off, if you’ve got them or you’re just looking for a mesh network system and want some extra security functionality, it’s a great deal.

there’s a promo code listed on the page to get 50% off the normal price, so it’s $15 for secure and $50 for secure plus.

As an IT person that is the bane of my existence it blocks so much stupid shit for our employees that it considers "unsecure", alot of the letsencrypt stuff we use gets flagged too.

Sure, I wouldn’t put it in a business environment at all. For small businesses I recommend ubiquiti gear, unifi or edgemax depending on their needs and the skill level of whoever is maintaining it. If they need larger it’s an easy move to the smb sized Meraki hardware.

but for securing my parents’ house and getting just the right level of info to know if I need to put AV on something, it has been working great for me so far.

or are you saying it interferes with employees’ ability to work from home if they have it on their home networks ? I haven’t run into that myself yet, and a few friends who recommended it to me based on their own experiences haven’t had any issues these past 6 months or so either.

Do you need their hardware or....? The splash page is not very clear after a brief read. VPN that does everything for you?

Sure, I wouldn’t put it in a business environment at all. For small businesses I recommend ubiquiti gear, unifi or edgemax depending on their needs and the skill level of whoever is maintaining it. If they need larger it’s an easy move to the smb sized Meraki hardware.

but for securing my parents’ house and getting just the right level of info to know if I need to put AV on something, it has been working great for me so far.

or are you saying it interferes with employees’ ability to work from home if they have it on their home networks ? I haven’t run into that myself yet, and a few friends who recommended it to me based on their own experiences haven’t had any issues these past 6 months or so either.
Thats the environment I'm talking about the employee's WFH ability because they have that blocking random work stuff because we didnt setup a cert in a test environment or used a lets encrypt one. (it has gotten a bit better, only a handful of users are using it though)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back