Domino's Delivery Robots

Local Dominos had 30 orders in the first few hours of opening so this would be a Godsend. I've been on a health kick of late but ordered Pizza Hut yesterday =/ 3 times a year can't hurt.

you picked the absolute worst pizza on the planet - fake everything. If you're gonna fall off the health wagon at least make it worth it and splurge at a real pizzeria :barefoot:

Local Dominos had 30 orders in the first few hours of opening so this would be a Godsend. I've been on a health kick of late but ordered Pizza Hut yesterday =/ 3 times a year can't hurt.
This is not going to help one but when slammed. These things are slow and a store will only have 1 at most.

Reactions: Nobu
like this
Yeah, you can only put so many pizzas on the counter/conveyor at a time.
Yea I use to do deliveries for Dominos and walk in from deliveries where food was falling off the conveyor. The manager sucked. He had 5 people making pizza and stuff and only 1 guy catching things out the oven.

The problem with this is that it's still subject to human screwups.

The local Lil Caesars has a keypad controlled locker so you can pickup your pre-paid phone orders without asking for anything or talking to anyone.

Except that they always forget something so you have to retrieve it, then get someones attention. This is a common problem with takeout or fast food in general:

1. Order a Cheeseburger with "ketchup only" and the clowns at Whataburger think "replace all other toppings with the equivalent volume of ketchup". They do this every time.
2. Plan burgers get everything on them.
3. Breadsticks or Pizzas that don't get the seasoning or dip sauce
4. Mozzarella sticks with no Marinara.
5. Mc Donalds playing games with 10 piece nugs when you order 20 and giving regular when you order spicy, etc
6. Straight up forgetting items.

I could list 20 more issues that are just carelessness and laziness - the only place in my town that gets it right 100% of the time, no exceptions, is In-N-Out. I would put those kids on a Manhattan Mars project and I swear we'd not only have people on Mars in 10 years, we'd have perfect made or order burgers too.

But now - and this robot food delivery vehicle was super predictable - but now we're just going to have the same slackers loading up the robot with the same level of QA you get in the drive through only you can't just look in the bag, count your items, check to make sure the plain cheeseburger for your Aspie kid is really plan and have them fix it - you're just going to have the defects sent direct to your door with no recourse.

I can't wait.

And it better stay off my damn lawn.

The local Lil Caesars has a keypad controlled locker so you can pickup your pre-paid phone orders without asking for anything or talking to anyone.

Except that they always forget something so you have to retrieve it, then get someones attention. This is a common problem with takeout or fast food in general:

1. Order a Cheeseburger with "ketchup only" and the clowns at Whataburger think "replace all other toppings with the equivalent volume of ketchup". They do this every time.
5. Mc Donalds playing games with 10 piece nugs when you order 20 and giving regular when you order spicy, etc

I could list 20 more issues that are just carelessness and laziness - the only place in my town that gets it right 100% of the time, no exceptions, is In-N-Out. I would put those kids on a Manhattan Mars project and I swear we'd not only have people on Mars in 10 years, we'd have perfect made or order burgers too.

But now - and this robot food delivery vehicle was super predictable - but now we're just going to have the same slackers loading up the robot with the same level of QA you get in the drive through only you can't just look in the bag, count your items, check to make sure the plain cheeseburger for your Aspie kid is really plan and have them fix it - you're just going to have the defects sent direct to your door with no recourse.

I can't wait.

I honestly don't get many screw ups when I get fast food. I don't get mad about it when it does. I do t hold them to such high standards as some people do. People go into auto mode when they been working for hours. It is why I don't order anything custom. It will likely get over looked when you do custom. The more anal and complicated you make it the more likey it will be wrong. Get your money back and move the fuck on if they really screwed up. People that never worked fast food don't realize how hard of a job it really is. The fact it is a low skill job means they will only get bottom of the barrel people applying.

I can't wait.

I got everything in my ceasars order. 🤷‍♂️ :p

I honestly don't get many screw ups when I get fast food. I don't get mad about it when it does. I do t hold them to such high standards as some people do. People go into auto mode when they been working for hours. It is why I don't order anything custom. It will likely get over looked when you do custom. The more anal and complicated you make it the more likey it will be wrong. Get your money back and move the fuck on if they really screwed up. People that never worked fast food don't realize how hard of a job it really is. The fact it is a low skill job means they will only get bottom of the barrel people applying.
I get that. I worked a lot of fast food when I was younger.
I'm personally not picky and how demanding I am scales by how much I'm paying
However, if you have kids on the spectrum, the will not eat the food if it's wrong - so I place my order and I have 2 burgers I need to check before I drive away. I check them and about 25% of the time, they're wrong, so I ask nicely for them to remake the food.

I know I risk sounding like an old man, but when I was 14 and worked at McDonalds (this was the Reagan era), they taught us about customer service and "the customer is always right" and we had standards. It was a different age. We made like $3.25/hr (equal to about $8 now). Everyone is making way more money and doing a piss poor job. Except those kids at In-N-Out - they kick ass.

Well, we never get our order from dominos wrong. Although we did get one extra topping on one of our pizzas one time that we didn't ask, but I didnt say anything. Guy was drop dead gorgeous!

They make like 17 million pizzas every day, so something will get mixed up, but its food! I eat it all! Dominos is like bloody brilliant pizza!
I like 99.9% of the food in the western world (I'm never going to Japan) so if I had an extra topping, that's just a bonus.

However, with two of my kids, unless it's bacon (and even then, only if cooked perfectly), it might as well be dog crap because they have a very binary view of food which is "exactly what I expect" and "inedible garbage". It's exhausting to go through life like that - being flexible and adaptable has been one of my main strategies for life: Improvise, Adapt, Overcome.

People who can't do that - well, I just worry like hell about them. :(

I can't wait.

1. Little Caesars--I used to think that, but every time the thing that didn't make it into the portal was the sauce for my crazy bread. Now I think maybe they weren't putting it in on purpose to keep it cold. It sounds like that's the same thing happening to you.
2. "replace all other toppings with the equivalent volume of ketchup" WHAAAARRGARBL THIS IS THE WORST THING.

1. Little Caesars--I used to think that, but every time the thing that didn't make it into the portal was the sauce for my crazy bread. Now I think maybe they weren't putting it in on purpose to keep it cold. It sounds like that's the same thing happening to you.
2. "replace all other toppings with the equivalent volume of ketchup" WHAAAARRGARBL THIS IS THE WORST THING.
Yeah - it's always the crazy sauce. Do some people expect it to be cold? wife always microwaves it for everyone....

Yeah - it's always the crazy sauce. Do some people expect it to be cold? wife always microwaves it for everyone....
Well, they give you hot pizza, hot bread sticks, and cold sauce. I assume that you're intended to eat it all at the temperature at which it's supplied to you. (Probably) nothing wrong with heating the sauce, though.

Omg when I was a kid my mom said she making pizza for dinner. She put ketchup on that crappy polish bread she use to buy. Sprinkled some cheese and topped it polish sausage. Shit was disgusting.

Am I the only one that finds it weird that we have the meat men making the pizzas and the robots delivering them? As a young lad I imagined things the other way around.
Certainly the safer option. Why we allow self-driving cars now is beyond me. "75% of voters in the US stated that they want Congress to try and put the brakes on driverless cars"
They have them. Costco uses them for a good portion of their process. Right now I like to think companies are giving workers a fair shot but the $15 minimum wage for minimum work is defiantly going to amp up the automation.
McD's now paying 35k / year ($17/hr). You think the universal basic income that the government is doling out has anything to do with that? ...and it started under a Republican president. When are people going to wake up - we're fucked!

Last edited:
embrace the autonomous car revolution

View attachment 367313
Easily one of my favorite Bean scenes.

I'm just really happy that I can have my diarrhea autonomously delivered now. Pretty crappy that they're removing the main source of income as a delivery driver. Back in high school I was bringing in 40 an hour working at Pizza Hut.

Eat recycled food. GREAT for the environment ... okay for you.

Omg when I was a kid my mom said she making pizza for dinner. She put ketchup on that crappy polish bread she use to buy. Sprinkled some cheese and topped it polish sausage. Shit was disgusting.
Buy ... why?

Am I the only one that finds it weird that we have the meat men making the pizzas and the robots delivering them? As a young lad I imagined things the other way around.
Same here.

Who in Gods name still eats that crap?
Domino's regular pizza is ass, but their handmade pan pizza is pretty fucking awesome.

Dominos is the best chain pizza. I personally prefer local places tho. Hard to beat dominos prices for a large 3 topping pizza for $7.99.
I don't know if they are the best chain pizza, but I definitely prefer local places as well. My favorite local place is extremely expensive though, so I only use them for special occasions, or if it has been a really long time since I last ate their pizza. And the last time I went there, their fucked up the pizza pretty royally, so I'm kinda avoiding them for now. Whenever I get a craving for pizza, Domino's handmade pan pizza usually does the job. A couple years back Little Ceasar's rectangular pizzas were also pretty dang good. I haven't eaten from Pizza Hut in ages, there are no longer any in my area. I gave up on Papa John's several years ago.

As for this special autonomous delivery vehicle, I suppose that's nifty, but in my area I don't get delivery anyways. The Domino's that delivers to my house fucking sucks. They get orders wrong, act like jackasses, don't always deliver to the right homes, and they often don't deliver on time (hopefully the autonomous delivery vehicles fix those last two issues). Sometimes I had to call them up multiple times to ask them where the fuck their delivery driver is. And then they want me to pay a delivery fee AND tip? Get the fuck outta here with that bullshit. Instead I just drive to the next closest Domino's, which not only has better pizza, but better service, better employees, and they haven't fucked up any of my orders yet.

17dollars for hour of flipping beef seems a bit heavy handed! Taco get that you cnt survive on 8dollars per hour, but like 17 dollars is goid pay for one person taco thinks. Who go do something harder when you cn make the same doing easy? Taco think this is what mentality many think. Danger.
There was a time when it was clearly understood that jobs like "burger flipping at McDonalds" were nothing but stepping stones, a place you'd learn the ropes of "having an adult job" and then you'd move on to better things. This modern affectation that you should be able to make "would you like fries with that" your lifelong career is insane.

Same here.

Domino's regular pizza is ass, but their handmade pan pizza is pretty fucking awesome.

I don't know if they are the best chain pizza, but I definitely prefer local places as well. My favorite local place is extremely expensive though, so I only use them for special occasions, or if it has been a really long time since I last ate their pizza. And the last time I went there, their fucked up the pizza pretty royally, so I'm kinda avoiding them for now. Whenever I get a craving for pizza, Domino's handmade pan pizza usually does the job. A couple years back Little Ceasar's rectangular pizzas were also pretty dang good. I haven't eaten from Pizza Hut in ages, there are no longer any in my area. I gave up on Papa John's several years ago.

As for this special autonomous delivery vehicle, I suppose that's nifty, but in my area I don't get delivery anyways. The Domino's that delivers to my house fucking sucks. They get orders wrong, act like jackasses, don't always deliver to the right homes, and they often don't deliver on time (hopefully the autonomous delivery vehicles fix those last two issues). Sometimes I had to call them up multiple times to ask them where the fuck their delivery driver is. And then they want me to pay a delivery fee AND tip? Get the fuck outta here with that bullshit. Instead I just drive to the next closest Domino's, which not only has better pizza, but better service, better employees, and they haven't fucked up any of my orders yet.
I agree local is better but yea they have become very expensive.

Within a year or two of the minimum wage going up, all other wages and prices go up. So after that the buying power of someone making 15 an hour is the same as it was at 7 an hour.

There will always be income disparity as long as people are free to spend thier money as they want. People will give money to the musician that is most talented, the restaurant that makes the best food, the shoe company with the coolest spokesperson.....

Within a year or two of the minimum wage going up, all other wages and prices go up. So after that the buying power of someone making 15 an hour is the same as it was at 7 an hour.

There will always be income disparity as long as people are free to spend thier money as they want. People will give money to the musician that is most talented, the restaurant that makes the best food, the shoe company with the coolest spokesperson.....
It is all to make everyone poor. Rasing the minimal wage doesn't not elevate the poor class. It just lowers the middle class spending power. While everyone else gets a huge bump to $15 the people already making that or higher don't get any compensation.

Back