Domain account not showing up properly

BugginOuT

Limp Gawd
AD Domain: Windows 2012 R2

User A logs into his workstation, opens up one of the shared folder on the network. But if I go into Shared Folder console, it's listed as another account instead of User A. No other users are experiencing the problem.

I check the SID and GUID properties and everything looks good.

Aside from deleting the user account and recreating it or running sfc /scannow, is there anything else I should look for?

I would start by verifying the user is actually logging in to a domain account on their local workstation. User A may have logged in on a local account, then when first attempting to access a shared folder was prompted for domain credentials ( which they entered ).

Certain that the user is logged in with domain account. User access the mapped network drive and does not prompt for credentials.

Certain that the user is logged in with domain account. User access the mapped network drive and does not prompt for credentials.
And you've already checked the domain account out, you said. Any domain trusts?

It's a single domain.

domain account checked out fine. Check the SID and GUID of both accounts and they're not identical. One other thing I could try is have the user log into a different workstation and see if the issue reoccurs. Could be something on his workstation.

It's a single domain.

domain account checked out fine. Check the SID and GUID of both accounts and they're not identical. One other thing I could try is have the user log into a different workstation and see if the issue reoccurs. Could be something on his workstation.
Yes, and if that is the case just try delete his profile from the advanced user profiles window. That will wipe out everything he has that is not on a network drive so make sure desktop or other non-redirected folders are backed up.

Back