D'oh! Panda Security Mistakes Itself for Malware

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
Panda Security had one of those weeks that the company would just as well like to forget as soon as possible. The company somehow created a false-positive of its own profile, flagging itself as malware. The gaff caused many users to not be able to log in to Windows. Physician, heal thyself. :D

The incident caused Panda to quarantine crucial files, in some cases preventing users from logging into Windows.

My Win8.1 game box got borked a few days back for some unknown reason. It had Panda on it and would load to the desktop. It just wouldn't open any apps or anything. Panda is rated as a very good anti virus app but I'm leary of installing it again. I downloaded the latest Win10 preview iso and have it up and running again. :)

My company resells Panda antivirus and turned last week into pure hell.

Such a fuck up, it ate random programs, including the Windows folder and then killed itself! Not sure how this was even possible and the cherry on this delicious cake.

The phones for Panda support in America were down at the same time and could only use email to contact them.

Back