• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Doh, 20 mhz shy ^%&

blackrose

Limp Gawd
Joined
Sep 3, 2004
Messages
339
So, after picking up the x800pro, it turns out to be a vivo with the right ram and everything, so the urge to tweak kicks in (mind you, the perf of the pro was well enough for me :rolleyes: ) First, I try unlocking the pipes, and all is well. Then, I turn up the clocks on the ram, 560 checks out. Then the core, and it crashes at 520. More testing shows that I'm stuck at 500mhz max, even with the voltage mod. DAMN, SO CLOSE :mad: :mad:
 
blackrose said:
So, after picking up the x800pro, it turns out to be a vivo with the right ram and everything, so the urge to tweak kicks in (mind you, the perf of the pro was well enough for me :rolleyes: ) First, I try unlocking the pipes, and all is well. Then, I turn up the clocks on the ram, 560 checks out. Then the core, and it crashes at 520. More testing shows that I'm stuck at 500mhz max, even with the voltage mod. DAMN, SO CLOSE :mad: :mad:

Ah that sucks, most vivos get to 520 with a vmod. How much voltage did you push it to?
 
blackrose said:
From 1.31 to 1.4

Ah no wonder, 1.4v is the standard XT PE voltage so your card was undervolted anyway. Raise your voltage to 1.5v and I bet you will get XT PE speeds or higher.
 
Just be careful and monitor your temps very closely after going 1.5v. You'll make it. :D
 
I didnt need to do a vmod with my Vivo. Reaching speeds of 540/570. I guess I just got lucky.
 
Well, some cards are built better then others :p Anyhow, the volt mod did it. Now running it with the official bios and no artifacting whatsoever at default XTPE clocks.
 
Back
Top