Dogecoin Nascar Sponsorship Funded

Just to hear Bob Costas say "Such fast, very wow" would make my day.

This is definitely cool, but i don't get it, i don't see a link between Nascar fanatics and crypto lol.

This is definitely cool, but i don't get it, i don't see a link between Nascar fanatics and crypto lol.

I think the point of it is to get more airtime and exposure for the coin, hopefully bringing others in to send it to the moon. Given the fairly low price of entry for the amount of press that it will get the coin, the community seemed to think of it as a worthy investment. I figure the race announcers will discuss it a good bit and there will be plenty of articles written about the sponsorship as it is so far out of left field...

Well, for starters, as nvgrim mentioned, there's no reason NASCAR fans can't be or become interested in crypto-currencies.

NASCAR attracts some of the best drivers in the world, along with some of the best engineers in the world, so naturally anybody interested in technology has plenty of reason to be interested in NASCAR.

But more importantly, NASCAR is one of the largest spectator sports in the world. Sponsoring a car for one race will easily reach millions and millions of viewers. If you want to attract attention, sponsoring a NASCAR car is probably the best way to do it.

True. The best test will be to see if they can come up with enough doge to buy a 10 second Super Bowl add next January. :)

Somehow the "stereotype" of a moonshine bootlegger Nascar fan is exactly what I have in mind when I think of guys using egg crates for mining rigs. These were junkyard entrepreneurs who took the gamble on BTC before most of the world had ever heard of it, and helped drive the cryptocraze to where it's gone now--Dogecoin is the perfect symbol for that, to me... and I'd have to be rooting for the car to win the race, if I still watched the crap anymore. Dogecoin is a joke about a joke--kinda like Nascar and the WWF--so hokey it's fun, especially when you're too drunk to tell left from right.

The first post that comes up on that thread is from a character called "Jeremy Methfield" when I clicked on the link above and it led me to this. Jeremy Mayfield is the guy (he was a winner, too) who got banned from the nation's biggest racing series for repeatedly testing positive for methamphetamines, then sued NASCAR for framing him before again testing positive for methamphetamines and then finally getting arrested for possession of methamphetamines. I personally think he should drive the car.

You can go ahead and act like it's a ridiculous claim, but the numbers don't lie.
http://www.forbes.com/sites/steveodland/2012/02/27/nascars-back/

It's amazing that people think that all NASCAR fans are dolts and no one watches it.

The average attendance for a NASCAR race is 100k people. That is nearly double what the NFL can churn out on a weekly basis. The average number of people watching a NASCAR race on a tv? How about 5.8 million a week! NASCAR is no joke.

It's amazing that people think that all NASCAR fans are dolts and no one watches it.

The average attendance for a NASCAR race is 100k people. That is nearly double what the NFL can churn out on a weekly basis. The average number of people watching a NASCAR race on a tv? How about 5.8 million a week! NASCAR is no joke.

Well those same people who are derisive towards NASCAR probably couldn't tell you what camber is and why it matters if their lives depended on it ;)

I'd watch this race on Fox.

Coincidentally, the race date is also my birthday.

They've really been doing all they can to spread the word.

And that's, IMO, the major reason why sponsoring stuff is great in so many ways. It shows the involvement and the generosity of the community, helps a team or individual who wouldn't normally be able to participate because of financial constraints, and gets the word out about crypto, specifically Dogecoin.

The average attendance for a NASCAR race is 100k people. That is nearly double what the NFL can churn out on a weekly basis.

Huh?

You realize that, on any given NFL season week, there's 12-16 games being played, right? With an average of >50k seats per stadium, that's 700k attendees per week.

Huh?

You realize that, on any given NFL season week, there's 12-16 games being played, right? With an average of >50k seats per stadium, that's 700k attendees per week.

Seating capacity != Filled seats

Additionally, the NASCAR season is much longer than the NFL season, so even though weekly attendance for the NFL may be higher, annual attendance of NASCAR is likely to be much greater than annual attendance of NFL games. There are also 3 major series within NASCAR, and while the two smaller ones (Nationwide Series and Camping World Truck Series) don't bring out the viewership levels of the largest one (Sprint Cup Series), that's usually 2 or 3 races on a typical week.

Furthermore, though there may be 12-16 games, most people are only going to be watching one of them. Divided viewership is not what matters for sponsor ship....For sponsorship of a single event to be worthwhile, what matters is the viewership/attendance of that particular event. The majority of NASCAR viewers in a week are watching the Sprint Cup Series race, while most NFL viewers are going to be watching one particular event.

Finally, you have to remember that NFL teams are regional, while NASCAR teams aren't. When there's a big game on in the NFL, most viewers are only watching events for their regional team. If their team isn't playing, they might not be watching. NASCAR attracts viewers everywhere, because fandom is on a per driver level, and most drivers compete in every race.

A lot of factors like these (along with the sports sheer global size) make NASCAR the ideal sport for advertising and sponsorship, which is why the sport attracts more money in advertising and sponsorship than any other sport (In particular, twice as much as the NFL).

Last edited:
Pumping?

very up. much fast.

EDIT: Peaked at 137. Started coming back down again.

Last edited:
Mike Joy referred to it as "Doe-zhe coin" on the broadcast yesterday.

I cried.

lol

IpnBq5T.gif

Back