Doesn't seam worth folding on my CPU

I have a 2500k @ 4.5ghz and 2 7950's @ 1100mghz .. With just the video cards folding I get 151k ppd .. With the cards and the cpu folding I get 159k ppd. Doesn't seam worth the extra power and heat to fold on the cpu and more..

you got the beta flag turned on for your 7950s?

Pod for CPU seems very low for that clockspeed? Maybe I am wrong...

My 2600K at 4.0 or so gets about 22K PPD.

Each video card is using a core so it knocks it down 2 cores. If I had a 2600k with HT it wouldn't be as bad of a hit. Right now with the cpu not folding its still using over 40% CPU usage to run the video cards folding. I'm using the client advanced option for the cards.

Here's the thing, I personally don't CPU fold because the power and heat isn't worth the extra 25-33K PPD I get from it. But that's up to the folder, and what their Drive/goal is.

That's....weird. I've not read of the 79xx series cards using CPU cores.

I know that in various BOINC projects the CPU usage varies depending on card and what technology used. CUDA or nVidia running OpenCL cards use more CPU than AMD running OpenCL. Some projects will reserve a full core whether you like it or not to guarantee there is little or no delay to those resources. I know WCG did this when they had GPU work available. It is also a rule of thumb among many DC'ers at projects to set aside one core/thread for each GPU. However, I'm not familiar with the FAH client enough to tell you how they do things.

However, if you decide to not run your other cores at FAH, the Commandos would be happy to utilize those cores at any of many BOINC projects. :)

Bumped up the OC on my cards and i'm up to 195k PPD now loving it lol.. Jumped up 200 place on team 33 list already.. Hope to break 2 million today.. Also a few people reported with the new beta driver the cpu usage has increased. Here is hoping it's fixed soon in a new driver ...

I laughed. Wonder if anyone else got it?

Badum kshshshsh. Its a zinger alright.

OP, I still fold on my 2500k because I only have a 6870. I get about 12k on my CPU and about 8k or so on my GPU. 20k ppd baby! I'll hit about 6.6-7 million points in a year. A drop in the bucket, sure, but every little bit counts if you're in it for the underlying purpose (but that's different for everyone).

I do hear ya though.

Back