Doesn't make sense.

atlrocks07

Limp Gawd
Had a friend computer that i thought the nic card went bad on it..so tested this by unplugging pc from router and plug it to cable modem..wouldnt get a dhcp..so i put a new nic card in...same thing wont get dhcp from router or from isp...i know everything works because i also tried with my laptop and confirmed that it actually works..and it does..

so i am pretty much stomp at this point..

try booting off an Ubuntu Live CD and see if the internets work. If it does then you can further troubleshoot the issue in windows. reinstall chipset drivers, reset the tcp/ip stack, etc.
Posted via [H] Mobile Device

did tcp stack..
havent tried the chipset..

could the chipset be messin everything up?

Have you tried cleaning it of malware? Run MalwareBytes on it.
What steps did you do to reset the TCP stack?

I've had computers that just couldn't get on the internet that re-installing the latest chipset and NIC drivers fixed. Quick way to tell is to go into Device Manager and try to uninstall the driver for you NIC(s). If it gives you an error about the device being required to boot the system then try re-installing everything with newer drivers if possible. If that doesn't work then run an OS repair from CD.

Could also be malware related as the Venerable StoneCat suggested. Wouldn't hurt to disable system restore and boot into safe mode. Run MalwareBytes, SuperAntiSpyware, Spybot.

Back