• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Does your modem use power from your ps?

Joined
Mar 28, 2005
Messages
2,852
I've added some components to my oem system which increased my system's power demand so I'm removing any unnecessary hardware. Does the modem draw any power from while plugged into a pci slot? The pc is connected to the net via nic so the modem is never used. I'll gladly remove it if it reduces the load on my ps even if it is minimal. Anyone know?
 
I would think so, seeing how it's a PCI card and PCI cards draw power from... you guessed it, the power supply.
 
Bbq said:
I would think so, seeing how it's a PCI card and PCI cards draw power from... you guessed it, the power supply.

Wow, three whole posts at the [H] and you're already a comedian. :p

Welcome to the forum.
 
PCI and PMCIA ones do use power via the mobo from the psu/battery.. Parallel port modems and usb modems have their own power plug.. At least all of the ones I have ever dealt with did..
 
Back
Top