• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Does your HP scanner also suck (cut off edges)?

cyclone3d

Fully [H]
2FA
Joined
Aug 16, 2004
Messages
18,415
So I have two different HP scanners.

One is just a scanner - Scanjet 8250

The other is an Officejet m475dn AIO

The 8250 cuts off about 1/16" or so from the top and side where you butt up the paper against the edge of the glass.

The m475dn cuts off 1/8" - 1/4" on the top and side where you butt up the paper against the edge of the glass.

I have run scanner calibration on the m475dn and it changed nothing. Not to mention that the service manual didn't have the correct instructions to get to the scanner calibration settings. It says it is in the 2nd service menu but it is not. After trying a bunch of different button combinations, I was able to get into "developer mode" where the scanner settings actually are.

Anybody else have this problem? I am pretty sure it is not just me as the scanners are hooked up to two different machines.

It is like the scanner itself is not set correctly to return the image data all the way to the edge.. and there is no way to change it.

I have tried both WIA and TWAIN drivers with no difference.

How does something like this get past QA? Does HP even have a QA department?

Edit: I also have an old Canon LiDE 600F scanner. Although it cuts off a tiny bit, it is nowhere near what the HP ones cut off.

I really would like a scanner that scans all the way to the edge.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top