Does your boxen need a graphics card?

Summoner

[H]ard|Gawd
Ok, heres the deal. I have a Geforce2 GTS AGP sitting in my drawer that i dont use, so id like to donate it to a folder that needs a card to get a boxen up and running. Im fairly sure it works, i upgraded a long time ago and havent used it since. Heres the rules to get this :

Whoever wants it needs to post a good reason why they should have it. Funnier the better :p . You have to be a current folder for team33 and my decision on who gets it is final. Theres no cost to the winner, i'll pay shipping USPS as long as you are in the USA or Canada. I'd use it myself but my wife will kill me if i get another PC :p

This will close Monday 20th September @ midnight EST. Good luck!

:D I don't need it, but I'd like to thank you for helping the team. :D

me either, all my boxen have integr8ed video. thanx anyway.

I don't have a good reason nor am I funny. But if for some reason no one else needs it and you still feel like donating, I could put it in my friends comp. It's an Intel P4 2.8ghz, but the video card got all screwed up and would create artifacts and lock up after awhile.

Well I actually do need another card, I am running:

P4 3.0 / 512 Ram / 9600Pro
P4 2.4 / 512 Ram / SIS intergrated Video
XP2400 / 256 Ram / 8 Meg Intel Card
XP2600 (Actually a 1700) / 256 Ram / 32 Meg GForce2 GTS
Thunderbird 1.6 (Actually a 1.4) / 256 Ram / 16 Meg Voodoo Banshee

I have a dual PIII 800 System but no Video or PSU (As I stole them to get the Thunderbird up and running). I would have more of a reason to get a PSU if I already had a video card.

So you want funny? A picture is worth a thousand words, so I will post a pic of my farm (Or junk pile as the g/f calls it).
farma.jpg

farmb.jpg

Two naked Boxen (one XP2400 on MSI KT3 Ultra 2 and one XP2600 on Asus A7N8X-X)
Two Boxed Boxen (one Thunderbird 1.6 on MSI Turbo2 and One 3.0 on Abit IC7-G)
The other 2.4 is my Laptop (Not pictured)

So do I win? :D

Kroz said:
Forget a video card, someone needs to donate a pizza box (pizza still in occupation due to your obvious dedication) before your g/f brings over anything small or furry, including but not limited to cat/dog/small child. :D

<edit> or Moose </edit> <--- thread Hijack requirements now satisfied.

Now let's see how that new icon looks.

<----- thanks xENo! :D

Hm... I got a reason. Midnight Freak isn't folding anymore so somebody needs to pick up the slack! I gotta get this 1.7 Celery goin. ok that's the best I can come up with.
But we still got 38 min.

Hmm, need and want are two different things entirely. While I dont need a new GFX card, I like new toys. :p Two boxen, two GFX cards, one headless computer, and one AGP slot.

On a slightly different note, I got some old song stuck in my head. Dont know the name, nor care, but it goes something like:

"I want bourbon, I want scotch, I want beer"

Ahhh get it out! :(

Edit, Alcoholic comment per thread now satisfied.

Send it to Kroz, if not, hell I gotta G4 TI 4600, in the closet he can have. PM me if you want it Kroz. Heck it's only 4xAGP, but I'm guessing Doom3 superiority is not the goal here.

Well, Kroz posted teh funny picture :D so he is the winnar!

PM me with your name and address and i'll mail the card out to you this week.

Congrats! And keep folding :cool:

damn, at least it's going to the [H]orde. And thanks Summoner for your contribution. and if you ever get the urge to give something away I have lots of funny pics i can post. :D

Back