• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Does your 3870X2 only show 512 memory?

Weeble

n00b
Joined
Oct 6, 2006
Messages
42
And BTW I got a beta of the new vid driver from ATI tech support, haven't installed yet. According to them the "3870X2 optimized drivers" are supposed to be out in April. I hope by optimized, they mean more realiable FPS without big dips.

 
Let us know how it works out, and if there's giant boosts, are you allowed to share the driver?
 
even though there are two gpus on the same pc board and catalyst is supposed to see one card, crossfire still plays a part in how the gpus communicate with one another. each gpu is allocated 512 of ram. the box says 1 gig but thats total ram on the card..
 
I want to figure out the exact driver version before I install it. After that I will probably do it. As far as sharing, I don't see why not, but it is around 60 MB.
 
The x2 is Two 512 cards together, for a total of 1gb.

It's an effective 512 for EACH 3870. You have the textures etc, duplicated in each 'card'.
 
Back
Top