Does X-fi Titanium Digital Output Stink?

yossarian

Gawd
Joined
Nov 2, 2004
Messages
799
I installed the X-fi Titanium on my Vista 64 computer. Playing music (Slacker.com) via digital output to my receiver sounds distorted. I switched to my 5-speaker analog output and it sounds great. Is it my settings, or is the digital encoding on this card lacking? I've installed the latest drivers.
 
i Have XP pro 32 and I have NO problems. I even installed it with another Card and worked fine. to make Optical work I had to download some Dolby Digital something. Small file. Again I'm on Xp so I don't know.
 
Hey,Maybe you need to do a little research on it and see what you come up with.i have done alot of research on about everything i buy these days.:):D
 
Hey,Maybe you need to do a little research on it and see what you come up with.i have done alot of research on about everything i buy these days.:):D

Actually, I did research it. The few reviews out there gave it good marks. One said Windows sounds didn't work right. Some on this forum reported delay in games. I'm still satisfied with it because it's PCIE and has DTS so I can watch movies without switching to onboard sound. I haven't done a lot of testing so far...that was my first experiment since I play music while I work. I was just wondering if anyone else has had similar experiences.
 
Back
Top