Does Vista64-Ultimate support AeroGlass ?

Zorachus

[H]F Junkie
I just completed my Vista64-Ultimate install, well it still seems very beta to me for how hard it was to get it up and running, and it still has a hard time getting to desktop from a restart, 50% of the time it will shutdown from a restart.

But looking at some other pictures of peoples desktop images, I see them have like clear background behind one webpage allowing them to see through to another window open like start menu, how do I enable that on my edition ?

Forget it :)......I just researched it in the search menu in windows, and it had a nice outline on exactly how to enable it......Now this is what I was talking about looks really cool now, but how big a perofrmance hit is it ?......My signature I think can handle it, does it effetc your games too, or is that not being worked on in the background while gaming ?

Here we go again... :p

Aero and Aero Glass are the same thing, no matter what others will babble on incessantly about. Vista comes with two new GUI schemes:

Windows Aero - commonly also called Aero aka Aero Glass

and

Windows Vista Basic - commonly called Vista Basic aka Baby Blue

Here's a screenshot I just took of what you'd see if you opened Display Properties and clicked the Appearance tab in Vista (which I'm currently running):

appearanceoo3.jpg

As noted in another thread recently, in the past, with general information, Microsoft did actually make mention of Aero and Aero Glass, but that's an old outdated misnomer now. They no longer advertise Aero and Aero Glass as two different things:

Aero is Aero, period.

So, if you've got Aero running, you get the 3D effects, you get the "Glass" reflections, you get it all. They no longer call Aero "Aero Glass," it's simply known as Aero now, even by Microsoft themselves although some older and not updated documents still refer to it as two seperate GUI appearance schemes.

Aero should have been on by default with the hardware in your sig, and I find it difficult to believe you're having so many issues. Probably 95% of the people that even attempt a Vista install, be it 32 bit or 64 bit versions, usually just can't believe how little is required on their part, actually.

Hope this helps...

I was having mainly harddrive issues installing Vista64 to begin with......Dang at first it wouldt even make it to the dektop part of the install, just system shutdown's everytime it would try to load up into the desktop :rolleyes: ......By chance I just noticed it was always checking my usb keyboard/mouse and flashing the lights, and then it crashed, so I unpluged the USB out, and put the adpater's into the real keyboard and mouse round connection, then it loaded right up :rolleyes:

But then every time it would do a restart after updating Windows, like clock work 50% of the time after a restart it would system shutdown trying to load up into desktop, then the second try it worked no problem/

Back