Does Vista install everything???..As in chipset drivers and all that stuff?

Headbust

[H]ard|Gawd
Just put a new mobo in and it seems everything is loaded, Does vista install everything for me?

Mobo is asus an8-e nforce 4 ultra

Vista will have basic drivers for most modern hardware, though you might be better installing the latest drivers from the manufacturer's site to get extra feature, such as network interface settings or a video card control panel.

Once Vista is installed, hit Windows Update. It'll do that automagically anyway unless you tell it not to do so in one of the last steps of the installation. This time around, Windows Update will be vastly more up-to-date instead of how things are/were for 2K/XP. Microsoft is committed to keeping the drivers as current as possible and actively solicits all the hardware manufacturers to send in new drivers as soon as any relevant updates are made.

I just installed Vista RC2, and I have an Asus A8N32-SLI, all the drivers/chipset software are installed automagically. The only drivers I installed 3rd party, were Nvidia for my 7800GTX, and Soundblaster Audigy 2ZS.

M$ actually did an excellent job with drivers, and the RTM gold release should be solid for release day. The security features in Vista are quite impressive, that will ultimately deterr the spyware/malware crap that can kill an XP pro machine.

Motley said:
I just installed Vista RC2, and I have an Asus A8N32-SLI, all the drivers/chipset software are installed automagically. The only drivers I installed 3rd party, were Nvidia for my 7800GTX, and Soundblaster Audigy 2ZS.

M$ actually did an excellent job with drivers, and the RTM gold release should be solid for release day. The security features in Vista are quite impressive, that will ultimately deterr the spyware/malware crap that can kill an XP pro machine.
link for zs drivers??!!

I tried both 32 and 64 bit version of Vista RTM (build 6000) and it does know all the hardware except the Realtek Wifi card.
I have RAID setup on my machine and Vista does recognize it :) Unlike XP which I have to dig up my floppy drive from my closet to plug it in and install (F6 option).
I'm running C2D on Asus P5B Deluxe Wifi with Intel Matrix RAID.

Back