Does Valve's leaked Employee Handbook accidently confirm Half Life 3?

I'm a huge Valve fan. But I'll say at some point if you need this long to "complete" the game just say you're ending the series. There is no technical/coding reason why it would take so long. If you can't come up with a decent story, either figure out something "good enough" or say enough is enough, this just won't happen.

Story of HL2:
Uhh ends with aliens sucking the brains out of that scientist.....
Wheres Ep3 damnit!!!!

I'm a huge Valve fan. But I'll say at some point if you need this long to "complete" the game just say you're ending the series. There is no technical/coding reason why it would take so long. If you can't come up with a decent story, either figure out something "good enough" or say enough is enough, this just won't happen.

Valve doesn't do "good enough".

Also, I think the employee handbook was "leaked" on purpose.

And I also think the biggest issue they're having with HL is deciding whether to call it Episode 3 or Half Life 3. That's why neither has been confirmed. :p

I dont see how it is a leak when every one knows it WILL come out, sooner rather than later, it will not be a DNF.

If i remember right there was a pic of gabe with ether a shirt or a pc with a wallpaper of a HL3 logo few months ago, dont have a link but it was on this forum i think lol

I dont see how it is a leak when every one knows it WILL come out, sooner rather than later, it will not be a DNF.
No - no one *knows* shit. Until Valve announces it, it doesn't exist. PERIOD.

If i remember right there was a pic of gabe with ether a shirt or a pc with a wallpaper of a HL3 logo few months ago, dont have a link but it was on this forum i think lol
Well if thats not proof, I dont know what is.

Christ.

:rolleyes:

Heck with halflife 3 how about they release episode 3 and finish the cliff hanger.

Valve already said there will be NO more HL2 episodes, so why are some still waiting for episode 3?

It means that they might finish the Episodes with a full game, due to the accelerated cycle not working out. It might very well still be labeled Episode 3.

It is worth noting that Episode 3 was officially announced for Christmas 2007 (My source is now broken :( ). This is well before the discontinuation of Episodic content, so they could be full well still using it as the last episode.
There were also comments on doing some pretty ambitious things with Episode 3, which could also be the reasons for the delay. He also mentions why they keep everything under wraps -- they don't want to be locked in.
That December they said Ep3 would be the end of the HL2 storyline -- it makes no sense for them to go back on this and make HL3 about that now.
Also, new Source builds have consistently had "Ep3" tags on files, not HL3 tags. This is true all the way up to the "Ep3" folder found with DOTA2

It's all up for grabs, really.... but I think there is more pointing to Episode 3 than anything else.

I doubt Valve would be content with not making a third Half Life. Whenever it happens, it happens. I'm not going to complain about long release cycles, but this handbook, while really cool to read, doesn't really change the state of affairs.

Back