Does using an APC backup affect OC?

newls1

Supreme [H]ardness
Joined
Sep 8, 2003
Messages
4,628
I have a 800Va UPC backup that I bought last year @ compusa for around 200+ dollars. All im using it for now is to backup and surge protect my router, and DSL modem :rolleyes: . I was wondering since my PC is plugged directly into the wall outlet, with no protection, or backup, would using my APC backup unit affect my OC at all if I was to use it to power my PC, router, and DSL modem? In otherwords, will it have enough "juice" to power everything? Model # of this backup is XS800 if it matters.
 
No, it won't affect your OC, and you should definately plug your main system into it. Besides battery backup, It cleans the power delivered to your system. 800VA can handle about 540W. APC has a calculator on their site... go check it out. I had that same UPS unit powering my main rig, modem, router, switch, and my lcd monitor. I switched to a 1400VA unit because it was just sitting in my closet, lol... now both of my monitors are plugged into it (for no real reason, lol).
 
enginurd said:
No, it won't affect your OC, and you should definately plug your main system into it. Besides battery backup, It cleans the power delivered to your system. 800VA can handle about 540W. APC has a calculator on their site... go check it out. I had that same UPS unit powering my main rig, modem, router, switch, and my lcd monitor. I switched to a 1400VA unit because it was just sitting in my closet, lol... now both of my monitors are plugged into it (for no real reason, lol).

Thanks for the reply man :) I am kinda imbaresed to even ask this question, but what the hell. Thanks
 
Back
Top