• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Does this type of enclosure exist?

sykotic

Limp Gawd
Joined
Jan 2, 2003
Messages
154
Ok the predicament is that I have an enlight case with all 5.25" bays, I ACCIDENTALLY purchased some 68pin drives rather than 80pin drives to stick in my hot swap enclosure. My RAID controller is a 68pin controller. Well rather than wasting some 5.25" bays(I want the space for another hot swap enclosure in the future), I was wondering if there is such an enclosure that will hold and power these 68pin drives where I can sit them on top of the server and use the external connector on the RAID controller to plug them in. Every enclosure I have found that relates to this will work exactly like my hot swap enclosure and will only accept 80pin SCSI drives.

Any ideas?

Or better yet, anyone wanna trade for some new 68pin 300gb fujitsu 10k rpm drives for your 80pin? ;)
 
No idea on anything recent, but somewhere in storage, I have a 2 bay (5-1/4") external SCSI enclosure, with its own PSU and everything. I'd hope cool things like that aren't a thing of the past.

Sorry I'm not more helpful,
-bZj
 
simply buy the 68 pin to 80 pin adaptor. They come in male and female (two different kind).

If you have 68 pin drive, then you want the male type (it's not so popular) but I have one around, so it can be purchased and they are available.

Foxconn should have it.
 
But then the drive won't fit into the enclosure? All the 80pin enclosures seem to be hot swap enclosures so the drive wouldn't quite fit all the way.
 
is hot-swapability a must? I am sure that there's a non-hotswap enclosure that would fit your needs.
 
non-hotswap is fine, I just need to be able to get both drives working without changing the server and using these drives.
 
Back
Top