• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Does this sound normal?

JonMichael

Weaksauce
Joined
Feb 14, 2005
Messages
77
Alright, well I got all my stuff in the mail yesterday. Everything ran perfect, especially for a budget build - but I have a few questions about hardwares physical well being. Not everything was a tight fit, most of it was smooth... but the heatsink/fan for the CPU and the actual RAM both had VERY tight fits. I expected that from the RAM, seeing as it has happened to me before. But the HSF kinda scared me. I put it on facing the opposite way the manual said, but then I read further and it said that the way I positioned it was also fine. What scared me was the huge gap between the actual bracket on the mobo and the clips on the HSF. So I tried many different methods, but I finally resorted to the manuals directions. It said to push down until you heard four clicks, which was obviously a good ways down. I pushed quite hard, and I heard the clicks - but I think I may have bent the board a bit. The fan also bumped some little round thing over a little, but I fixed that. All of the clips are perfect, the fan runs great... but I am just a little worried about the board. I inspected it, and it looked fine. Will it hurt the board if it is bent just a little? Hopefully Im not the only one this has happened to. I was just curious as to if this has happened to any of you guys.

The PSU was also a tight fit, but that has happened to me many more times than once.
 
The first time I put on a HSF it worried me too. After talking to some people that first time though, it is the same for everyone. You have to apply a lot of pressure to the HSF clip to get it to clip on. And mobo's are not effected by a tiny amount of flexing, but next time do it on a hard and flat surface just to be safe.
 
Ah, thats good. I thought about that, and when I mount it in the case tonight I will obviously be doing it on a flat surface. Thanks for the explaination though.
 
Yah, my first build scared me, they take a lot of effort to snap into place and that's 100% normal.
 
Yeah, I took it off the bracket and re-adjusted all of it. Now everything is atleast a little bit more smooth.
 
Back
Top