• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Does this sound like a PSU issue ?

amosf

n00b
Joined
May 17, 2005
Messages
6
Hi,

For the last 4 days, every 8 boots out of 10, brings up a windows screen with color dots and stripes all over. I ran memtest, which found one of my 512MB sticks to be bad. I removed it, but then again, it's all the same.

My video card is a Leadtek A6600GT AGP. I tried various Forceware drivers but nothing works. If I get to a working desktop, the minute I invoke a 3D intensive app, I get the color garbage again.

ITE Health monitor shows the 3.3v rail to be 3.0-3.02v. Is it too low ? - Could the problem be the PSU ? - it's a noname 400w.

My config is:
DFI UT3
Kingston HyperX 3200 (512MB)
Athlon 64 3000+ (s754)
200GB WD SATA
120GB WD PATA
NEC 3520
SONY DVD-ROM x16

Thanks.
 
Have you done a minimal boot? If so did it do the same thing? Have you checked that vidcard?
 
Back
Top