Does this software exist?

Clockworks

Supreme [H]ardness
I will be traveling around Europe (lucky me) and quite possibly other parts of the world. I wish to make some sort of a map that will house links to photos, videos and write-ups of the place. Basically, I save a spot on the map and add all my goodies to it. I tried to make it somewhat clear, I hope I did a passable job on that.

Here's what I have:
- Laptop
- MS MapPoint 2006
- Digital camera
- I will be purchasing a GPS unit to connect to the laptop and MapPoint

Does such a software even exist? If so, where can I get it?

Thanks for all your help.

So something along the lines of this? You click on a location and there's a drop down box of all the things that are from that particular place.

wahny4.jpg

I'm sure something along the lines exists but I have no idea on it. Looks like you'll be spending some quality time with google :)

You pretty much nailed it. The only thing I forgot to include in my description was the ability to plot a path.

clockworks said:
You pretty much nailed it. The only thing I forgot to include in my description was the ability to plot a path.

yeah anyways good luck with finding a program for that :)

It sounds like with a little effort, you could construct the document you want in HTML.

that's what i was thinking, little web coding can do all that for you. chances are you can find most of the code for free some place online. just need to make it your own by adapting it a map of your choice. all you need a simple pop up box over a location the rest is just adjusting the code.

what you want is very simply it could be done by any amateur web site maker. read a little online and make a fun website. post it once you get started!

I also thought about doing it the web route or even with flash. The program is my first attempt because it sounds easier (everything is already done) but if I ever find a template, I'll use that instead.

Back