Does this Seems right ?

MCRAYGSX

Limp Gawd
Joined
Jul 27, 2004
Messages
501
I just installed ZALMAN CNPS9500 LED on E6600 CPU. Ive been using 3x copies of PRIME95 and all sort of games. Under MAX Load the TEMP never rises beyond 27C. I am using ARTIC SILVER 5 thermal paste.

I am concerned about ths CPU TEMP why it never rises beyond 26 - 30C ? because ive been reading some posts that people having their temp up to 70C on these CPUS. Does this seems right to you all ?

I have attached the Screenshot below. Is there something, I am doing wrong ?
 
Same temps on mine and I have the exact same fan, just a different motherboard. Its a nice fan, probably safe to assume the other people are using their stock hsf.
 
I'm no expert, but that temp does seem low for the amount you're loading the proc.

My E6400 with stock hs/f idles at about 15 degrees higher than that according to my BIOS.

If your temps are really that low I need to get that cooler.

2 Things:

how hot is your room usually?

and how much does the temperature change when you go from idle to fully loaded?
 
veek said:
I'm no expert, but that temp does seem low for the amount you're loading the proc.

My E6400 with stock hs/f idles at about 15 degrees higher than that according to my BIOS.

If your temps are really that low I need to get that cooler.

2 Things:

how hot is your room usually?

and how much does the temperature change when you go from idle to fully loaded?


My BIOS indicate the same Temp as in XP.
When its idle my Temp is around 23C and under Max load its below 30C. I always the the ZALMAN fan at lowest speed.

I also purchased new Gigabyte Case which have quite a nice air flow, but i got 4 HHD in Case which keep the temp high inside it. Our Room Temp is normal no ACs.
 
Back
Top