• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Does this CPU fan look right?

Joined
Aug 2, 2008
Messages
26
I just got a computer today (from AVA Direct) and the fan looks to me like it's listing to one side. I've not yet plugged the computer in. I'm going to call them in the morning and inquire about this (among other things).

The fan a Zalman CNPS9500.

Click here for the picture.

EDIT: I've since spoken with AVA Tech support. They took a photo similar to the one I took here prior to shipping. And the Heatsink fan does indeeed lean ever so slightly but it's the way it's supposed to be.

I've never had a fan like this this one before so I wasn't sure. You can ever rotate it as well.
 
Kind of a weird angle... need better pictures of the mounting specifically...
 
I just got a computer today (from AVA Direct) and the fan looks to me like it's listing to one side. I've not yet plugged the computer in. I'm going to call them in the morning and inquire about this (among other things).

The fan a Zalman CNPS9500.

or just take a screwdriver and make sure it is tight, might have loosened up during shipping
 
It looks to me like its angled to blow on the memory sticks as well as the cpu cooler.
 
Are you talking about the fan on the right or the CPU heatsink fan.

The Heatsink looks fine.
That case fan is angled to vent the MB.

Grab it and try to move it. If it's tight, that's what they intended. If it flaps in the breeze, it's broke.:eek:
 
He's talking about the HSF on the CPU, not the angled fan. Yes, it does look a bit skewed...

Can you take a pic STRAIGHT on?
 
Are you talking about the fan on the right or the CPU heatsink fan.

The Heatsink looks fine.

The heatsink fan it's slighly angled. But I've since talked to tech support who took a photograph (like the one I took here) before it was shipped and it does lean ever so slightly and it's normal.
 
You're talking about the internal case fan. I was speaking of the Zalman CPU fan (the coper colored fan).

The problem has since been resolved. Thanks. :)
 
Back
Top