Does this constitute an RMA?

Joined
Jan 28, 2004
Messages
538
My 3.0C came brand new in the box with a large dink or scratch that goes into the heatspreader on the upper right hand corner of the cpu about the size of 1/2 BB. (Exchanges take forever tho).

Secondly, my Mushkin lvl 1. PC3200 2-3-2-6 won't overclock period. No matter what I set it at it needs a divider. This is worse than my Kingston value ram which did 230mhz @ 2.5-3-3-8. However, I guess it's not ensured to overclock so I dunno.

The cpu runs fine as far as I know. Prime95 tested overnight @ 3.52-235FSB, 1.58v from Auto.

The title should be Warrant an RMA actually. :D
 
If it's working, I wouldn't RMA it. As far as the memory, yeah, it's not guaranteed to overclock, it's guaranteed to run at the rated speed or lower.
 
Back
Top