• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Does the affinity changer still help the SMP client?

CoW]8(0)

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Jul 25, 2005
Messages
1,427
Has anyone still been using the affinity changer for the new 6.22 SMP beta2 client?
 
Since nothing has changed with the core I'd gather it's no different.

 
It still does but don't use it if you're also running the GPU client. I read many posts of mixed results with the majority of them negative. It's a great utility if you're only running Windows SMP clients.

 
You can use it with the GPU now... before the issue was that we could not tell the GPU to use all cores... now you can and thus AC + 2xSMP + GPU on a Q6600 is now the best combo. You lose about 400PPD on the SMP, but gain 5k.. fair trade off!

 
You can use it with the GPU now... before the issue was that we could not tell the GPU to use all cores... now you can and thus AC + 2xSMP + GPU on a Q6600 is now the best combo.
I'm not sure I understand why you recommend the GPU to utilize all cores? It lowers the GPU production if I have it run across all cores and the SMP production doesn't compensate. Mind you, the only quad I have is AMD so it might be different with Intel.
 
With a Q6600 my production might drop a total of 100PPD on the GPU, but I pick up 2x SMP for about 2.5-3.0k+4.9K for the GPU (just throwing out a #). If I only run one smp then it is maybe 2-2.25K + say 5k for the GPU.

In the end I am netting about 500-750 PPD on average by using them this way. The problem with just limiting it to one core is if the SMP or AC decide to load core 3 heavily my PPD on the GPU can plummet to about 2-3k... Spreading the GPU to all cores does drop it slightly, but my points will always remain at that level.

 
With a Q6600 my production might drop a total of 100PPD on the GPU, but I pick up 2x SMP for about 2.5-3.0k+4.9K for the GPU (just throwing out a #). If I only run one smp then it is maybe 2-2.25K + say 5k for the GPU.

In the end I am netting about 500-750 PPD on average by using them this way. The problem with just limiting it to one core is if the SMP or AC decide to load core 3 heavily my PPD on the GPU can plummet to about 2-3k... Spreading the GPU to all cores does drop it slightly, but my points will always remain at that level.
Is that with one GPU client or two? Which OS?
 
That is one GPU with 2xSMP on WinXP... in WinXP it uses 16-20% of a Q6600 or 80% of a single core. Thus you have basically 320% left with 2SMPs using 160% each which is about 20% reduction in production for the SMPs

If I run 2 GPUs I only run 1 SMP. On Vista I was able to make 2SMPs work with this due to the use of 4-6% of a core per GPU..

I am curious how my 3 GPU system will work with 2 SMPs. That is coming up soon and should be rather interesting! It is running vista.. so technically 3x6% = 18% which puts it at the same usage as the 2xSMP and 1xGPU level under XP.





 
Back
Top