Does the 7970 CD have an XP/32 driver?

Falkentyne

[H]ard|Gawd
I have a dual boot XP/W7, and wiping the XP partition or being unable to access my programs on it would be a rather serious PITA....

Wow, none of you guys have a driver CD that came with your 7970's?... :confused: Or am I just unlucky and no one with a 7970 has read this post yet :/

What exactly is it that you are trying to avoid?

Even with a new XP install you should be able to browse the internet in VGA mode or whatever using basic drivers, at least enough to go to AMD.com and download the drivers.

I haven't installed drivers from a CD in over 10 years.

And why couldn't you access your Win7 partition from XP? Download your drivers from within Windows7 and then access them from that partition when you are in XP. XP should be able to access NTFS just fine.

Even with a new XP install you should be able to browse the internet in VGA mode or whatever using basic drivers, at least enough to go to AMD.com and download the drivers.

And why couldn't you access your Win7 partition from XP? Download your drivers from within Windows7 and then access them from that partition when you are in XP. XP should be able to access NTFS just fine.

I think the issue is that AMD.com doesn't list an XP driver for the 7xxx series.

Sorry, you're right; i should have clarified more directly. I have a LOT of save games and programs I want to finish still on XP. I love windows 7, but there's still games I need to finish up on XP (windows 7 driver signing problems, 60 hz issues on a CRT, Alliance of Valiant Arms being completely LAGGY in windows 7, thanks to some conflict with Kaspersky Internet Security (2011), while under the exact same configuration in XP, it's flawless...blah blah..at least BF3 doesn't suffer from that). Yeah I can access it, but without drivers, I wouldn't be able to play anything. And I've already had nightmares with saves that were inaccessible, just because the network names were changed, although for Steam games like Dragon Age, all I have to do is move the proper documents folder and away I go...

Just AVA being almost unplayable in W7 with KIS 2011, is annoying enough to keep my dual boot...(yeah, amazing that still some games play better in XP than W7 due to various weird crap....I shouldnt' have to uninstall Kaspersky just to keep AVA playable...)

It's on the Sapphire disk. Don't know about the others.

Thanks. Sapphire is incoming today, assuming the UPS guy can get into the apartment complex...(I had a lot of fun getting them to make a second attempt to deliver my Seasonic PSU...hoo-boy).

Back