does the 7950gx2 have have the sli options???

alphaqforever247

[H]ard|Gawd
Like choosing the sli rendering mode, sli AA, aslo will the enable sli be checked??? or will these option only appear when in quad???

it has SLI 32x AA and that is the only thing special about it, but Quad SLi is "not available" ;) it can be obtained though

So in quad mode does the default rendering mode come up as SFR + AFR? so each 7950 uses SFR for to render one frame with it's GPUs (on card operations which do not touch the pci-e BW) and then those frames are displayed in an AFR fashion? (every other one done by each 7950) .. etc.. it would seem that would save some pci-e BW vs. going with pure AFR where each gpu renders every 4th frame.

I would think 4 way SFR would put the most strain on the output buffer gpu, constant assembly of those four parts on the fly.. I think 4 way AFR or the SFR + AFR blend would yield the best performance results... just a WAG (wild ass guess)

keep in mind SFR doesn't scale geometry, while AFR does

AFR would provide the most perf benefit

AFR of SFR would be second

theoretically of course, how it all works out in the real world is yet to be seen

same issue here, with a single 7950gx2, i can't find the multi-gpu menu no matter what i do

sorrow said:
same issue here, with a single 7950gx2, i can't find the multi-gpu menu no matter what i do

Its in the qualtiy options, but it only shows up when you have "show advanced options" selected.

Ok i've found the options for sli, but i don't think there is an option to show the green bars, so you can see how sli is doing. Anyone get that to work with the 7950gx2 I even changed the coolbits reg to 1A but it didn't show me the option either.

You can't turn on the SLI indicators with 1 7950 GX2, cause technically it isn't in "SLI" mode, it is in "MultiGPU" mode. When you install two GX2's and enable "SLI" then you can turn on the indicators.

Actually I believe it is just a driver thing, if you can find the option that it changes in the registry you may be able to have it enabled with 1 GX2.

I noticed that when I had two GX2's in with the SLI indicators on and then removed one card the SLI indicators stayed enabled with 1 GX2, so that makes me think you should be able to manually turn them on in the registry if you can find the right key.

Brent_Justice said:
You can't turn on the SLI indicators with 1 7950 GX2, cause technically it isn't in "SLI" mode, it is in "MultiGPU" mode. When you install two GX2's and enable "SLI" then you can turn on the indicators.
With 1 7950 you should see 1 indicator/line
With 2 7950 you should see 3 indicators/lines

Justifire said:
With 1 7950 you should see 1 indicator/line
With 2 7950 you should see 3 indicators/lines

You are missing the point. The driver does not give you the option to display the indicators with 1 GX2 installed, but it does with 2 in SLI.

However, as I indicated above, it may simply be a driver thing, if you can find the right key in the registry you may be able to enable them with 1 GX2.

And no, you are incorrect, with 2 GX2's you see 2 indicators depending on the mode, either two AFR bars for 4-way AFR or 1 AFR and 1 SFR bar for AFR of SFR mode. I haven't seen any game use strictly 4-way SFR yet.

Brent_Justice said:
You are missing the point. The driver does not give you the option to display the indicators with 1 GX2 installed, but it does with 2 in SLI.

However, as I indicated above, it may simply be a driver thing, if you can find the right key in the registry you may be able to enable them with 1 GX2.

And no, you are incorrect, with 2 GX2's you see 2 indicators depending on the mode, either two AFR bars for 4-way AFR or 1 AFR and 1 SFR bar for AFR of SFR mode. I haven't seen any game use strictly 4-way SFR yet.

I am confused here in that i see 3 horizontal lines and subsequently the srceen is broken up into 4 sections when i started BF2. Is it working properly? Performance is alot better.

This is just prior to the cinemantic. I do not remember how it looked in game but I am sure if it changed I would recall that. Its a bad pic i know , flash settings were all over the place but you can still see the bars

Quad1.jpg

That is 4-way SFR mode.

What driver are you using?

When I used 91.29 in the evaluation I saw BF2 to be using AFR of SFR mode which had 1 AFR bar and 1 SFR bar. Perhaps they changed it with whatever driver you are using, which would be odd since SFR isn't the best choice for performance, it doesn't scale geometry.

I am using the 91.31's from guru3d or was it Nzone? Oops i dont remember

I installed the two cards without a bridge and booted while still having the 83.56 form EVGA.

I canceled on the windows XP detection and went to desk top. I then uninstalled current drivers via control panel only rebooted to vga and then installed the beta 91.31's. I shut down. I then installed the sli bridge amd booted up. Bang all was well

Things have been very stable.

I will re-enable the indicator and play for a bit tongight. It could be that it runs 4 way for the BF2 splash screen then changes. Frankly, i had a few beers and was pretty jacked up about the cards. I had them up and running just moments before i took that pic

I will update once i get a close look at the indicators in game.

Nope Brent , I just ran it again. It is 4 way through out the game as well

Back