does the 1905fp really ghost that badly?

joethemole

Gawd
it is a pva panel 20ms... i do minor gaming and movie watching, but i do alot of web surfing and word processing. is this monitor good for any of these?

It is excellent for web surfing and word processing. However, for gaming I'd suggest to try it out first because some people are more sensitive to ghosting than the others. There will be blurring and ghosting in fast paced games. You just have to see by yourself whether it bothers you or not. There was a movie clip of playing a ping pong game on the 1905FP and L90D+ posted several days ago somewhere in this forum. There you can see the difference between one of the fastest and one of the slowest LCDs out there.

It seems that there are currently 2 panels being used in the 1905fp. Some comments on a french hardware forum show that some ppl are now getting an 8ms Au Optronics MVA panel which ghosts very little (very similar to the 2405fpw panel)

Sparrow_69 said:
It seems that there are currently 2 panels being used in the 1905fp. Some comments on a french hardware forum show that some ppl are now getting an 8ms Au Optronics MVA panel which ghosts very little (very similar to the 2405fpw panel)

is that a good thing or a bad thing? i heard the reason that its good is because it uses the pva panel. Also, how can it use an 8ms panel when its rated at 20?

btw do you happen to have a link to the pingpong video?

I would say that its a good thing that they are changing the panel. Since the 1905fp initially used the same panel as the 193P, I'm not surprised the panel is getting upgraded since the 193P panel is also getting upgraded --->193P+. When changing panels, manufacturers always seem to take a while to change the specs on their sites. They probably don't want ppl. complaining if they get they slower panel while they are getting rid of the older stock and starting to ship the new panel.

how can PVA or MVA be any good for gaming? xbitlabs showed that both have an exponential growth in resopnse time with respect to switching characteristics i.e. grey/grey black/grey, etc. I had a 1905 returned it and got a IPS panel 2005fpw much better.

The problem with the pva/mva panels was the response time when displaying greys. Even if the panel was 20ms black/white, greys could go up to 80-90ms. The new circuits (Samsung's Overdrive, Viewsonic's Clearmotiv), drop the grey/grey transition to 8ms. The black to white may still be 20ms, but it was the grey/grey response time which lead to the most ghosting.

I have seen no evidence of them having the new panels here in the US. I just received mine 4 days ago, and it was the old samsung panel.

Wanna buy it? :p

Back