Does such a thing exist?

Porphyria

Limp Gawd
Okay, so i have two internet connections. satellite, and dial up. what i want to do is be able to have certain programs use certain connections for upstream and downstream. IE, i want Warcraft to use AOL for upstream because its much lower latency than satellite, but i want it to use the downstream from my satellite connection because it is much faster than my dialup.

anything like this exist?

I don't think so. I went through this for my uncle because that is all he can get, sat and dial-up. I spent about three weeks searching and asking, nothing ever came of it.

Sorry.

There are routers out there that do what you want...just never seen one with a dial up connection on it.

there is bound to be some linux solution that will do what you want using old hardware... wouldn't like to try and configure it though, as it's bound to be un-user friendly!

It is impossible to do without some type of bonding on your ISP's end, and since you have two different ISPs then it is not feasable.

The Windows TCP/IP stack does not allow you to select which connections to use on an application basis. You would have to implement this in terms of routing tables, (i.e. packets outbound to the IP addresses of WoW servers should use the dialup gateway, whereas all other packets use the default gateway of your sattelite connection.

Even if you did accomplish this, you have to look at it from the perspective of the other end. When a WoW server receives a packet from the IP address assigned to you by AOL, it's going to want to send a reply back to that same IP, which would get routed back to AOL. It has no idea to send the packet to your other IP address through your other ISP.

oh damn-- i never thought about that.. EF()Q#)FJUI!! youre right. oh well.....

thanks for the help.

Policy-based routing. You'll need a firewall/router that could handle the LAN, dial-up, and sat connection.

EDIT: Oops.. just re-read what you were asking for... no.. absolutely impossible.

Back