• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Does such a speaker set exist?

djsb

Limp Gawd
Joined
Dec 22, 2009
Messages
396
So I'm in the market for a new 2.1 speaker set. One feature I like is having a headphone jack either on a separate remote or on one of the desktop speakers. However, I haven't been able to find any that include an additional microphone jack, which I would need in order to use my headset. (I've seen several reasonably priced models with Aux In, but as far as I can tell that is just an additional input for the speakers. I want something that will simply connect the microphone to the Mic In jack on the soundcard or IO shield on the back of the computer.)

Without that feature, I'd have to resort to either wiring an extension from the Mic In and taping it to the remote (eww :() or using the front panel jacks of my PC case. That's what I was trying to avoid in the first place, as my physical front port jacks have a tendency to break off of the PCB at the solder joints after a few years of use, and I figure a well-made speaker set would have more durable hardware.

But do any good quality speakers even come with both a headphone and mic jack?
 
Couldn't you just use a 3.5'' headphone extension cord?
 
Couldn't you just use a 3.5'' headphone extension cord?

I would second going this route, as I cannot recall having seen what you are describing with the microphone input also on the audio remote.
 
Back
Top