Does SLI and G-sync show microstutter?

hdgamer

Gawd
Was wondering about this? Maybe doing an upgrade from my 30" 2560x1600 Dell to another monitor once I see more g-sync capable monitors hit the market. My eyes are very sensitive to blur and stutter and would like to get a monitor that omits that completely if possible.

Asus/Nvidia says that microstutter is eliminated with G-Sync. I don't know how true that is, since they also say there should be no screen tearing at least on Desktop Applications with GTX680 SLI setup and I have massive screen tearing...

Other than the Asus ROG Swift PG278Q, only 1080 screens are planned as of right now. If that Asus ends up being a nice monitor, it probably wouldn't be a bad switch from 1600 to 1440.

Wonder what the colour reproduction on that thing will be like, if it's TN then it must be a damn good one as I don't think I've ever seen a TN panel marketed with it's colour reproduction information being mentioned (16.7m)

Supposedly Q2.

I don't know for sure if it's a TN panel, but if it's 120hz, and 1ms response time it might be. Possibly PLS?

"Show" is kind of an ambiguous word in this context. Uneven frame delivery is inherent in SLI/Crossfire, and a monitor cannot eliminate it. Whether G-Sync helps make it less noticeable, though, is subjective.

I don't think NVIDIA ever said that microstutter is eliminated with G-Sync. They have said however, that stutter is, and only in reference to vsync-related stuttering. There are all sorts of ways stuttering manifests, and vsync stutter is the only one G-Sync is designed to resolve.

Wonder what the colour reproduction on that thing will be like, if it's TN then it must be a damn good one as I don't think I've ever seen a TN panel marketed with it's colour reproduction information being mentioned (16.7m)

It has been confirmed that the panel is 8-bit as oppose to 6-bit plus dithering a la most other TN panels.

Other than the Asus ROG Swift PG278Q, only 1080 screens are planned as of right now. If that Asus ends up being a nice monitor, it probably wouldn't be a bad switch from 1600 to 1440.

I use a 28 inch monitor at work and a 30 inch monitor at home. The difference is negligible at the end of the day.

I too am interested in the Asus 28' monitor now that I know it is 120mhz. 4K with only 30mhz won't cut it for me.

I've never seen microstutter with Kepler sli. I'm generally pretty sensitive to it too.

They type of jutter that g-sync is made to get rid of isn't "microstutter". Microstutter=AFR related imo

Edit: I've never seen Kepler sli have any issues in games that scale well I should say.

Back