Dad just had a new rig built. Gigabyte UD4P, i7 920, Corsair mem, Corsair 650w PSU, and SLI 9500GT's, using Vista 64 bit.
The problem we're having is we can only get 3 monitors to show up. In the Nvidia control panel, when you try to select the 4th screen, it says "this GPU does not support dual monitors". What I find weird is the top card will run both screens, but the bottom card will only run one. We had the computer sent back and they put 2 more 9500's in there by a different maker, and we still have the exact same problem.
Questions:
1) Does anyone REALLY know if dual 9500GT's supports 4 monitors with Vista?
2) I opened up the case to find that there is no SLI bridge attached. Is this bridge needed to run 4 monitors? FYI SLI is of course not enabled (doesn't work if it is)
3) Would it make sense to put a different card model in there? For example, dual 9800GT's.
The rig was built at MicroCenter. They assured us the first time that this would run 4 monitors, but didn't actually test it. We called Nvidia and they said the same thing, but they had no idea about this error message I've shown. We had new cards put in and MicroCenter still assured us it would work, but doesn't. Although they didn't actually test that it does.
I've attached a picture. Please advise!
The problem we're having is we can only get 3 monitors to show up. In the Nvidia control panel, when you try to select the 4th screen, it says "this GPU does not support dual monitors". What I find weird is the top card will run both screens, but the bottom card will only run one. We had the computer sent back and they put 2 more 9500's in there by a different maker, and we still have the exact same problem.
Questions:
1) Does anyone REALLY know if dual 9500GT's supports 4 monitors with Vista?
2) I opened up the case to find that there is no SLI bridge attached. Is this bridge needed to run 4 monitors? FYI SLI is of course not enabled (doesn't work if it is)
3) Would it make sense to put a different card model in there? For example, dual 9800GT's.
The rig was built at MicroCenter. They assured us the first time that this would run 4 monitors, but didn't actually test it. We called Nvidia and they said the same thing, but they had no idea about this error message I've shown. We had new cards put in and MicroCenter still assured us it would work, but doesn't. Although they didn't actually test that it does.
I've attached a picture. Please advise!