• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Does printer w/ Parallel to USB causes sys. service error?

Happy Hopping

[H]F Junkie
2FA
Joined
Jul 1, 2004
Messages
8,516
I have an old printer that c/w a parallel port. So, I use a // to USB cable. When I turn on the printer, it has a Print Service Error. Eventually , I un-plug the USB cable to the back of the PC, and the printer error disappear.

Could a cable of // to USB plug to the PC USB port, causes printer not boot up properly?
 
using // instead of typing parallel makes you look like a doofus.

Anyways USB->Parallel port converters are really dodgy. Throw the printer in the garbage and save yourself the hassle.
 
But I almost never use the printer. w/i ea. yr., I turn on the printer maybe 5 to 6 times
 
Back
Top