• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Does "Pause Work" no longer work in GPU3?

leh18621

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Jun 18, 2008
Messages
1,082
It always worked "as advertised" when I used GPU2. I upgraded to a GTX 470 today and therefore switched over to GPU3 and when I choose "pause work"....it doesn't.
 
It worked for me with GPU2. Not a big deal but was just wondering is all.

Another thing I noticed about GPU3 and maybe I need to test this but I was in the middle of a folding job and needed to reboot my pc. So I quit the GPU3 client and rebooted. For whatever reason, GPU3 automatically started back up when I logged into Windows. Is this normal with the new client and does it happen all the time? Is this something I can disable?
 
it doesnt work on gpu3 anymore. something in the new core broke it. client shows its paused but keeps running. along with screwing up the log file as well. was never an issue until about 2 weeks ago.
 
it doesnt work on gpu3 anymore. something in the new core broke it. client shows its paused but keeps running. along with screwing up the log file as well. was never an issue until about 2 weeks ago.

I appreciate the info, at least I know now. What about the GPU3 client automatically starting when I turn on my pc? That never happened before until today when I started using GPU3. I am going to reboot and see if it happens again.
 
probably because you forgot to remove the start up file in the start up folder.

go to your start menu/programs scroll down to the "startup" folder and delete the shortcut. does it with the gpu2 client to you probably just don't remember removing the file.
 
probably because you forgot to remove the start up file in the start up folder.

go to your start menu/programs scroll down to the "startup" folder and delete the shortcut. does it with the gpu2 client to you probably just don't remember removing the file.

I just rebooted and it started GPU3 again as soon as the pc booted up again.

And......you were right. I just looked and it is in the Startup folder. If GPU2 was the same way I probably did forget removing it from the Startup folder since that was about 21 months ago. Thank you very much for the info.
 
no problem. that stupid shortcut is the first thing i remove every time i install the gpu client.
 
Back
Top