Does NVIDIA Surround just suck, or....

Yippee38

2[H]4U
...could it be my monitor?

I recently upgrade to triple displays. I've got three Acer XB271-HU monitors being powered by two Gigabyte GTX 980 Tis. The problem is that when my computer turns off the display, then I wake them up (PC doesn't hibernate or sleep, just the monitors), the left-most monitor takes longer than the others to turn back on. Sometimes it will take 20 seconds or so. Sometimes though, it can take 10-15 minutes. All three monitors have the same brand, brand-new cables.

So I'm trying to figure out if there is a problem with that monitor, or if it's a driver problem. BTW, it's been that way with multiple driver versions.

What do you think?

That happens sometimes. I ran NVSurround for years and experienced weird issues like that from time to time.

running multi-monitor setups or sli/xfire you're bound to run into issues on both sides.

Yeah, 10-15 minutes is not normal.

My experience with Surround versus Eyefinity is if you want multi-monitor, go AMD. AMD handles the multi-monitor setup process and flexibility much better.

However, you can troubleshoot your current situation by moving the monitors around and seeing if it is just that one screen or if its the port, or just a finicky part of NvSurround.

It's not unusual for monitors to wake-up a few seconds apart. 10-15 minutes sounds like one of your panels is going bad. I agree with Kazeo, try swapping cables/ports around and see what happens, but i'd plan on RMA / replacing that screen.

Back