Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
RipJaws
Same here, Ripjaw, never a problem, but then I am just one sample.
I've never used Mushkin myself, have been using RipJaws mostly for awhile now.
Once upon a time Mushkins were supposed to be fantastic, but I've become a bit of a G.Skill fanboi myself.
Personal experience as I use to do warranty and replacements for these sort of things, around the 1366 and early 1155 platforms G.Skill RipJaws and OCZ Gold Series in particular had the highest return and fault rate (as well as DOA) that needed to be RMA'd or replaced. Corsair XMS modules also had a high fault rate but no-where near the figures of RipJaws. Kingston HyperX, Patroit, Mushkin, Geil and Crucial had the lowest returns, RMA, DOA, faults etc. The RipJaws was cheap for a reason compared to its competitors.
I'm not sure how RipJaws fare these days and whether or not G.Skill have improved there game but I don't touch them and put my money on Mushkin Blackline/Redline, Corsair Dominator and Kingston ram.
No wonder they call them the RipJaws and not the LifeJaws.
All joking aside, I've used a few RipJaws kits over the past few years and none have failed.
I usually stick to Crucial's Ballistix line (Tracer/Tactical/Tactical Tracer/Elite) only because I remember Voodoo would exclusively use them in their Omens which convinced me they were the best stuff haha
The one memory manufacturer I avoid is Corsair because I feel all their products are hyped up by fanboys, and their oddly lowered CL and raised tRCD/tRP is a marking gimmick for lower latency. The only ones I would consider are the Dominators as they go through more rigorous testing (still true?) but they are never cost effective.
Yes and no... all depends what chips are used. G.skill for ddr4 been using Samsung ships almost exclusively. Other brands use some random stuff. Kingston almost always uses sk hynix those chips had a lot of issues with z170. I went through 3 sets until Kingston got a new revision of sk hynix chips.RAM is RAM these days, honestly. Though apparently some Corsair kits aren't playing nice with Z170 / Skylake lately.
I've had all of the above + adata with no problems.Never personally used Mushkin, but always heard good things. I have some Corsair and Crucial in my laptops that never did me dirty. But I use G.Skill on my desktop, and they have been working like champs! These days, I feel they are one of the true competitors in the RAM world.
Some believe it's a re-branded GskillI was not aware EVGA exclusively made RAM?