Does IRS4458 need 4.2V on VCC?

Joined
Jul 29, 2021
Messages
60
I have a R9 Fury Nitro which doesn't get power on its gpu phases. All of these use Irs4458 and they are all connected to the 12v rail and gnd as well as the gpu but don't have any voltage on the output. My only two guesses are that either all of the mosfets are faulty or the controller.
I was not able to find a data sheet for the Irs4458 and therefore could not find out whether the 4.2V on them are normal - it's strange because the 5V phase works normally and i could not measure any resistance between them but they still experience a voltage drop...

I'm new in the graphics card repair section hence i would be glad for any kind of advice :)
 
Looks like it might be a distant cousin of the IRS442X series.
https://www.infineon.com/dgdl/Infin...N.pdf?fileId=5546d462533600a4015355d60b491822
According to this, it can operate at higher than 3.3/5V voltages. 20V supplied.
But is it the same IC? I don't know.
I stumbled on this data sheet as well but I'm not sure if they are comparable since the used ones are most likely drMoses?
The controler seems to be a IR 3567B.
I would like to hook up my oscilloscope to it but my test board broke yesterday :(
 

Attachments

  • IMG_20210730_124006.jpg
    IMG_20210730_124006.jpg
    824.3 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20210730_124138.jpg
    IMG_20210730_124138.jpg
    393.3 KB · Views: 0
Back
Top