• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Does Intel Matrix Storage technology support 2 x Raid 0 arrays?

John2000

Weaksauce
Joined
Sep 12, 2010
Messages
90
Hi,

I just wonder if the Intel Matrix Storage technology that comes with the standard Intel chipsets (e.g. 8 series chipset for Haswell CPUs) support the following setup:

1. 4x4 TB HDDs in total.
2. The first 2 HDDs form a Raid 0 array @ 8 TB in total.
3. The next 2 HDDs form a separate similar setup as in 3).

Then I intend to backup from 2->3 on a regular basis.

What I wonder is if the Intel Matrix Storage technology supports such a setup, i.e. does it support 2x Raid 0 arrays to accommodate both 2 & 3?

Also, is there anything you think I should be aware of with such a setup, e.g. with regards to performance or reliability? Or do you think it's an ok setup to use?

Thanks!
 
Back
Top