Does Freesync(2) work with non-Eyefinity multi-screen?

Jedibeeftrix

Limp Gawd
I have three 24" monitors in eyefinity, i like wide.
I really want a 21:9 freesync monitor, but I'd still like to have a pair of 4:3 19" dvi monitors flanking either side.

Does this non-Eyefinity multi-screen have any impact on the main screens ability to run games full-screen with Eyefinity?

I thinking along the lines of whether this kind of multiscreen forces games to fun in "borderless windowed" on the main screen rather than "dedicated fullscreen".
Tell me your thoughts.

you will have more issues trying to set up properly those three monitor than freensync as itself, most GPUs specially AMD ones doesn't even use DVI port anymore, you can find some alternatives AIB models with a single DVI but then you will still be forced to use at least one active converter, most issues you will face will be related to eyefinity as it will depend a lot on the hardware used.

You will be able to use freesync with no issues on a single screen and still use the extra 19" screens for other task so that mean no eyefinity... honestly you will be better by not using eyefinity and just use the center monitor to gaming, or if you really really really like ultra-ultra-extra-wide monitors then you can try one of the newer 32:9 49" panels like the CHG90 QLED monitor, 3840x1080, freesync 2, 1ms VA panel, HDR and forget about eyefinity.

Just to confirm, i do not want to use eyefinity with the new screen.
I will have multiple screens (one freesync2, and two old dell dvi screens).

The question is whether standard windows multi screen (with the freesync2 being the main gaming screen), will affect the function of either free sync or HDR?

I.e. Whether windows multiscreen makes games run on the main screen in borderless window rather than full screen exclusive.

free sync used to have problems with borderless windows, and perhaps HDR does too.

Back