Does Fiber PCI cards really worth it if I have a FTTH connection?

I recently acquired a FTTH connection (thanks Google) but is connected through a media converter, so my router is actually connected to an ethernet that receives internet from fiber.

But i don't know if I should invest in a PCI cards or a Fiber router and buy a fiber patch cord. also which patch cord should I buy?

That isn't a media converter, it's an ONT. You can't get rid of that.

The "network box" that has Ethernet from the ONT to it can be eliminated but it can be a bit of a process. The internet traffic, TV traffic and several other things actually run on a couple different VLAN's.

Google "eliminating Google network box" if you are interested. It can be done, but it's easier to order static IP's and use your own router behind it.

Supposedly some of the Google fiber ont's support direct connection to your own router if you don't have the TV service but I have not done that.

Actually I wantd to dispatch Google's media converted, that's why I was asking. I bought a Fiber router and couple of patch cables, I tough it would make a big differences, but the improvement is just slightly better. Nevertheless, it feels good having an all-fiber-house. I'm ethernet-copper free.

Back