• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Does everything look right?

nej_k

Limp Gawd
Joined
Aug 11, 2008
Messages
292
untitled-3.jpg


Does everything look right to you guys? Am I doing something wrong?
 
not sure if its me but the memory doesnt look right.. unless its not ddr2 pc 6400..

also in the config on speed fan go ahead and remove that temp 3 reading since its either a bad sensor or it just doesnt exist on the board but is still in the bios..
 
Is there something wrong? Have you done the usual stability tests? If not um.. yea, see you after?

@sirmonkey, ram is 1:1, nothing wrong with that. Stated/advertised speeds meaning nothing, just what it's "rated" to run at.
 
guess im just use to seeing amd overclocks.. never seen memory run lower then its rated speed with 1:1 ratio..

1.95 is usually the default on most boards.. some default as low as 1.85 but thats normal unless your using performance memory thats suppose to run at a tighter timing and higher voltage..
 
Ya right now I'm not feeling too confident about this OC so I'm working on a new one.

multi x8
cpu v 1.28v
dram freq 800mhz
cpu 3200mhz
FSB 1600mhz
1:1

I think that looks better and seems alot more stable
 
should probably run a stress test on it.. prime95 or something along those lines.. theres others but just depends on your preference.. see what the temps go up to after 10-20 minutes..
 
Sweet none of the cores reached above 51C :) also My main core temp was at max 60C which is good I think.
 
LOL for some reason 3dmark06 thinks my processor is running at 3.6ghz.... even though its at 3.2ghz


OK this is weird... cpu-z says my core speed is 3.2ghz

but my computer -> properties says its 3.6ghz

prime95 says its 3.6ghz too


wtfff!!!
 
read CPUZ's. Run like 5 passes of IntelBurnTest initially to see if it passes that, if it does then do 20 - basically the fastest way to 'pre-test' a system. yes it will get fucking hot, yes it's normal. Work on your O/C when you have a stable system so you have a framework with what to play with.
 
read CPUZ's. Run like 5 passes of IntelBurnTest initially to see if it passes that, if it does then do 20 - basically the fastest way to 'pre-test' a system. yes it will get fucking hot, yes it's normal. Work on your O/C when you have a stable system so you have a framework with what to play with.

After googling a bit I see that alot of people have burned their CPUs with that program so I think I rather stick with prime95
 
After running prime95 it found an error and it says read stress.txt

Where is stress.txt located?
 
The lowdown is to do stability tests. What you use, not my concern. I myself don't have all day to sit around and wait for errors to show up, and IBT 'fixes' this extremely well. Again, run your tests and if nothing crashes and it still runs fine, then your question of "does everything look right" is answered.

After running prime95 it found an error and it says read stress.txt

Where is stress.txt located?
Search your computer...? Start Menu, then....
 
The lowdown is to do stability tests. What you use, not my concern. I myself don't have all day to sit around and wait for errors to show up, and IBT 'fixes' this extremely well. Again, run your tests and if nothing crashes and it still runs fine, then your question of "does everything look right" is answered.


Search your computer...? Start Menu, then....

Thank you, And I didn't find the file, so I decided to go with my judgment instead. I upped the vcore to 1.3v and so far it has fixed the problem.

So far everything looks good
Core0: 59C
Core1:59C
Core2:52C
Core3:52C

Core: 43C - which is odd since usually this one is my highest temp
 
LOL for some reason 3dmark06 thinks my processor is running at 3.6ghz.... even though its at 3.2ghz


OK this is weird... cpu-z says my core speed is 3.2ghz

but my computer -> properties says its 3.6ghz

prime95 says its 3.6ghz too


wtfff!!!

Because of Speedstep's ability to change the multiplier, Windows will read the factory multiplier what it thinks your max clock speed is. Prime95 apparently does this as well, or it just reads the Windows setting. CPUz reports the current speed using the current multiplier and FSB.
 
Because of Speedstep's ability to change the multiplier, Windows will read the factory multiplier thinks your max clock speed is. Prime95 apparently does this as well, or it just reads the Windows setting. CPUz reports the current speed using the current multiplier and FSB.

I see thanks for the heads up I was getting concerned
 
Btw I just realized that my core voltage on CPU-Z fluctuates between 1.28v - 1.32v is that normal? I dont think its speedstep because all my cores are at 100%...

right now its just going between 1.280v - 1.288v - 1.296v - 1.305v
 
lol that was an interesting read. Alright thanks for the notice

and now its time to over clock the gpu
 
what software do you guys recommend for that?(video card torture test)
 
Vdroop has to do with the the formulas V=I*R and P=I^2*R (where V = voltage, I = Current in amps, R = resistance in ohms, and P= Power in watts).

When your CPU goes to full load it dramatically increases current draw. To keep the wattage and cost under control and relieve stress on the cheaper voltage regulators, Intel spec'd their platform to droop the voltage a little bit.
 
gpu overclocking theres multiple different programs to stress test with.. guru3d has a bunch of programs on there.. that do all kinds of different things between gpu stressing.. gpu/shader stressing.. complete card stressing.. so its mostly your preference.. if you already know the maximum memory clock on your card.. for example most 8800GT's memory overclock maxes at 2ghz(1ghz) so thats an easy give away.. then from there you can work on shader/gpu which then you would want to run a gpu/shader intensive stress test to find those numbers.. a little googling will usually give you the avg overclock for the card you own... then start a little lower then the ones you found and work your way up from there til you max out or start seeing artifacts.. use rivatuner 2.11 to do your overclocks..
 
After googling a bit I see that alot of people have burned their CPUs with that program so I think I rather stick with prime95

Burned their CPU's? That's simply not the case. The Q6600's, as well as all Core2 chips, are thermally regulated. Meaning, they'll clock themselves down in the event of overheating. It's damn near impossible to kill a Core2 chip with heat.

Overvolting past 1.5v is another story.
 
Run Linpack (Intel Burn Test) for about 20-50 tests and see if its stable.
 
I'd crank the RAM to speeds above DDR2 680 but that's just me. You don't need to have the RAM running at 1:1.
 
Back
Top