Does everything look good?

Joined
Aug 9, 2005
Messages
15
I want to upgrade my computer, and these are the parts I was thinking of getting, and I just wanted a second opinion on them:

MSI K8N Neo4 Platinum SLI motherboard
AMD Athlon 64 3500+ 90nm s939 processor
eVGA 7800 GT 256MB 256-P2-N516 video card

I've read reviews and everything seems good, does anybody see anything wrong with this set up?

Thanks
 
sounds good. I just put together two systems with basically the same hardware, though I used an Abit kn8 board. If you wanna OC, it's a sweet setup (though the abit board needs a new northbridge cooler, easy enough to come by) but make sure you have a good cooling solution or you're not gonna get more than ~300Mhz extra.
 
Do you have plans for SLI?

If not, why not just a DFI NF4 Ultra Infinity, or Lanparty Ultra-D?
 
I dunno about SLI yet.. I figured that I would just get one card, then in the future if my source of income increased, maybe pick up another. The SLI board is mainly just so I have the option in the future so I don't have to buy a whole new board.

But now I am considering just getting a non-SLI board because of monetary constraints.
 
Back
Top