• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Does Disk cloning do what I think it does?

Nobi125

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Jun 7, 2005
Messages
2,004
I've been wanting to buy a hard drive to put in an external enclosure to get a bunch of media off my internal hdd.

Lately, I've been thinking about buying a Raptor to replace the WD 250gb Caviar in my rig and using the 250gb as my external drive.

Does disk cloning allow me to basically move the OS/Programs/Games/and other non storage stuff off my 250gb and onto the Raptor without reformatting (and have it all be functional)??

Or is there another way to do what I want?

Btw.....if I managed to describe my situation in a way that is incomprehensible, just let me know and I'll try to rewrite it.

Thanks guys.
 
Does disk cloning allow me to basically move the OS/Programs/Games/and other non storage stuff off my 250gb and onto the Raptor without reformatting (and have it all be functional)??
Yes, in a way, but you can't pick and choose what data to clone. If you have more data on the hard drive than the size of the Raptor you get, you won't be able to "disk clone" until you can move some data somewhere else.
 
tuskenraider said:
Yes, in a way, but you can't pick and choose what data to clone. If you have more data on the hard drive than the size of the Raptor you get, you won't be able to "disk clone" until you can move some data somewhere else.

Thanks, I figured I'd need to do something like you mentioned.

I'll probably toss the stuff I don't want to clone on my friend's external drive.
 
Back
Top