does clipping the wires to the leds work on led fans?

ryuji

2[H]4U
just wondering if i can disable the leds on my thermaltake smart fans once i get them, i wanted them for the cfm and speed control and the fact that there clear but i may not want the leds this fan

yeah, in fact you can remove the LED's completely. Just take out that strip going around the outside of the fan and all the LED's will come with it.

and the fan will still run afterwards? as in you have seen it done or tried it because im not sure if the leds get the same voltage feed the motor does, as in if you break a light bulb in a christmass light set your screwed

yeah the fan will still work, i've done it before. Sometimes the LED's will die on the fan so I'll just remove the entire strip around it and the fan still works. You'll still have to clip a wire just make sure it's the LED one and the fan will still work

imo led fans are too ricy cathodes make plenty of light you dont need your pc looking like a carnival, thats why i want to disable them

codeflux said:
that's... like... UNMODDING THE PREMODDED...
ryuji said:
i wanted them for the cfm and speed control and the fact that there clear but i may not want the leds
i said in the first post that i wouldnt want the leds

Back