Does Canon have any plans for a P&S with swivel and good tele?

Swede88

Lurker
I've been reading so many forums about digital cameras that my eyes are about to bleed. I'm doing this because I want to buy one relatively soon, but I'm not finding one that satisfies me. This would be my 1st digital camera.

I started off thinking the sd800 IS would be a shoe-in, but there are folks who say it's not all it's cracked up to be with the soft corner issues, etc...

So then I was looking at the A640 and A710IS. One has IS and nice zoom (710) and the other has the swivel LCD. The 710 has had complaints of humming during the movie recording, so that disappoints me.

I thought about the S3 IS, but that camera seems like it might be a nuisance to carry everywhere.

Is canon going to make a camera that has IS, Swivel, and nice tele that is relatively travel friendly?

Well if the 710 only hums during video then I would get it. IS is wotrht the minor hum. I never used the video feature on my old P&S. I saw it as a still camera and, nothing more. If I want to shoot video, I will buy a camera built for that purpose. I dont belive in multi-tasking cameras but, that is only my opinion.

Back