Does Bioshock truly utilize dual-core CPUs?

Servant of Shodan

[H]ard|Gawd
Like the title says, is it multi-thread optimized?
I have read various reviews that briefly say it is, but can find nothing official, nor can I find reviews that show a single core vs. multi-core comparison.
Thoughts?

All I can say is that it doesn't seem to use my quad core anything like MOHA does.

Exactly what I was looking for! Thanks, BigHubris!

I feel a little let bumed out that I just bought the single core A64 4000+ even though I have it at 3.0 GHz. Reason I went single core is that I still play games that are well known to have dual-core incompatability issues, even with all the "tricks" one can use to make a second core not really show up...

Oh well, 3.0GHz and SLI 7800GTX should hold me well for the next year or two. :D

Source? I heard it gives considerable benefit too, but where are these numbers from?

Smooth on an Opty 170 + 7800 GTX at stock. Same video card + Venice 3000 at 2.7GHz isn't as smooth and hangs occasionally while it catches up (although it also gets the med center crash on that system :p ). Not numbers...but it's noticeable on otherwise very similar computers, even when the single-core CPU is faster.

For the record, the framerate doesn't tell the whole story in this case. My A64 3000+ @2.4GHz runs it beautifully. But it seems to do so by keeping the rendering / game logic threads well fed at the expense of others. With half a dozen enemies running around the framerate doesn't take much of a hit, but sounds start to drop out and the physics thread falls to about five calculations a second.

Back