Does Battlefield 2 actually utilize dual core for increase performance?

I don't think it does, but I can't seem to find any benchmarks to support my belief. Anyone here have an article that shows dual core doesn't improve Battlefield 2 performance?

Battlefield 2 to my knowledge isnt dual core optimized so im also going to say no.

don't discount the fact that a dual core system means there is more processing power availble to the game. There are lots of processes always running on your PC. With more than one processor some of that work will not impact your game as much as it used to.

FWIW, I have a 4200X2 and BF2 works better than before when I had a 3000+ o/c to 2.2

I definitely have to agree with Shiv on this. While the game itself won't take advantage of the second core, the operating system you're running will (assuming you're using an OS that recognizes multi CPUs). And if something wants to grab CPU while you play it can now grab it from the underutilized core.

I thought I might have been throwing money away getting a 4400+X2 and I can definitely say I was pleased with the noticeable increase in speed over the 3200+ Barton I was using.

It would make sense and you could also always assign BF2's affinity to a particular core and have every other process on the other core, that way it will be powered by an entire core of its own whereas if you have a single core processor of the same spec then BF23 would have to share it with the other background processes.

That's what I needed to know guys. I already know what dual core can do for multi-tasking, but I just wanted some sort of verification that BF2 isn't dual core optimized.

Back