Does ATI Not Have App-Detecting 3D Settings?

Matrices

Supreme [H]ardness
I bought a laptop with a mobility 5870 part. I was baffled to find that it seems like you can't create settings specific to games, but must instead create various profiles and then associate them with games. In other words, you can't launch a game and expect the video card to apply some settings you want associated with the game; you must instead launch the profile itself and have the profile launch the associated games.

This strikes me as absurdly ass-backwards. Am I missing something here?

No, its doesn't have premade profiles that are automatically applied when the program/game is launched. Thats one of the things I miss from Nvidia cards I've had.

There is an application being made and maintained which does this, similar to nHancer, which is in its beta phase. You can find it here:
http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=322031

That program looks like just the right thing. So puzzling that ATI doesn't already have this tool. Thanks.

That program looks like just the right thing. So puzzling that ATI doesn't already have this tool. Thanks.

NP. :) I have been wishing ATI would have something like this in their drivers for years. With this tool you get more options (force vsync in D3D and also triple buffering and much more), so its worthy to have.

Back